Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat

Any body take the cat off their 6 yet? I have flowmasters but im looking for something more. I want it to be louder but at the same time still soud good.
    Image Hosting

Re: Cat

if im correct the GT-R doesn't have the cat

Comment

it doesnt have a cat, but it starts after the cat, (cat-back hehe) so all three of your catalytic converters are still there

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

so in a sense i was right but sounded while doing so

Comment

yeah... it more or less sounded (imo) like you were talking about something completely different haha

anyway, i dont know of anyone without the cats on, but i think it would sound good. which one are you going to take off? the first 2 or the 1 big one? (what engine size btw?) my guess is 3.6... anyway! i think you should take the one right before it hits the rest of the exhaust... and if that's still not loud enough go for the rest? i figure if you can get the one off and replace it with a strait pipe it would be pretty sweet... and if you can do that on your own you would easily be able to put it back. you going to do it by yourself? or planning on getting a lil custom job by a shop?

Comment

jeff i think you were talking about the exhaust resonator.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint
            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

The cats are up high, one in front of the motor and one behind. A PITA to remove or replace. I dont think anyone has and do not believe it would sound very good. Did you remove your resonator??
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Yeah...I took my cat off the car. She was leaving little foot prints all over it and messing up
                my wash job. GT-R doesnt touch your cats ...its south of there.
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I believe there are only two cats, one for each bank. Not sure about the 4 bangers or the crazy California cars. The GT-R has no resonator, it starts after the cats. But if you removed them you would have a CEL because the O2 sensors would detect the cats weren't working. I'm sure you could have that tuned out though.
                  Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                  - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                  - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

And removing your cat converters will trigger a CEL too...

not only is illegal is harmfull!!

My 2 cats enjoy the rear leather seats very much....no way I am going to remove them.... I ask them nicely!!

Comment

in a lot of states (if not all), removing the cat is illegal since it is emissions and not safety and in hence causes you to fail inspections since you have to be hooked up to the scanner that will be fed into a database that keeps records on if your car has passed or failed your emisions. that is how they also check to see if you are current on inspections, and if not, you now receive that hefty fine if it over 15 days past due....i would say honestly to NOT remove it, just my .02....and just loose res.

Comment

it would be nice if we had some high-performance headers/cats/ypipe... maybe some that werent kinky and maybe went a little straiter... the after-engine design on our cars (atleast mine) really is one of the ugliest (and worst) stock exhaust systems i've seen...

Comment

It has been said by members much more knowledgeable than I that the existing cats flow plenty well enough. So unless you're doing headers it really won't help much to replace the cats.

Comment

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
                            I believe there are only two cats, one for each bank. Not sure about the 4 bangers or the crazy California cars. The GT-R has no resonator, it starts after the cats. But if you removed them you would have a CEL because the O2 sensors would detect the cats weren't working. I'm sure you could have that tuned out though.

All the 6er's are 50 state emission legal. So, they are all crazy California cars.
                            BTW, so are the G8's.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

how about high-flow cats?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Working...
                              X