Dealer Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Poll

So now that i took care of the install of the Vector tune...i'm only left with clearing of the Crank Relearn code. Only problem is that I have an aftermarket intake that starts from the MAF into the fenderwell. I am VERY paranoid when i even THINK about taking it to the dealer under the condition its in...

So here is my question to you guys and gals...

Do you "demod" your car when you take it to ger serviced? I have the stock airbox...i'm missing like 2 bolts that hold it down to the engine bay though....

I'm more than likely going to put on the stock airbox...but i'm still Paranoid. I doesnt help that broke one of the red clips that hold 1 of the 3 harness in the ECM

WWJooDo??
    Put in stock airbox...and pray
    0.00%
    Take it with the intake
    16.67%
    Pay someone $30-$70 to clear it
    83.33%

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Re: Dealer Poll

D) Find someone with a DashHawk and clear it for FREE!!!

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

What would Pooners do?

Putting the airbox back in is a PITA, especially if you have to get into the fenderwell.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
        What would Pooners do?

Putting the airbox back in is a PITA, especially if you have to get into the fenderwell.
        Thats another thing....i hacked my resonator in HALF trying to get it out...so the airbox is not what i'd like to call warranty-proof!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the resonator.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I've taken my car in for service a couple of times at my dealer now with my cab and cone filter installed. I haven't had a problem or even had them say anything, but I haven't required any warrenty type work done to my motor or codes cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT
              D) Find someone with a DashHawk and clear it for FREE!!!
              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
              2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

i would just leave it on

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                Originally posted by snowmanG6
                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Well as it turns out..a friend of mine hooked it up with a tech that works at a local dealer, the guy did a house call WITH the Tech 2 in hand and cleared the SOB...for 25 bucks

What a difference it makes now without that code

Comment

awsome. Glad it worked out for you.

But what are you going to do if something breaks and it leaves you along side of the road. You are going to have the same delima with less resources on hand.

Not saying it is going to happen, but if you are worried about your warranty now, what are you going to do when you need it.
                    Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

well your problem is solved but the thing i learned at the dealership is this.....as long as the part does not affect what you are getting serviced or replaced, your warranty will cover it....or at least thats what my dealership gave to me in writing lol. like if my suspension goes bad due to part recalls, then it is covered, if it goes out from where i lowered it, it will not cover it....and off the top of my head, i cant think of anything that a intake can screw up (that is all i have on my car) and as far as the computer programing...i cant say just for the sheer fact that i dont think anyone has had any trouble as of yet or hasnt said anything (to my knowledge) and i dont have it either so.... yeah...

Comment

A friend? He made $25. What happened to a 6 pack?
                        I always took my 6 in with the CAI installed.
                        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

ya i have had my 6 in the dealer a few times with a CAB Exhaust and ECM and i have never had a problem

Comment

its better than taking it in and telling them exactly what you want, that you are paying for it and them still trying to refuse to do it for ya

yeh my new service manager is a PITA i guess, one i liked retired

glad you got it fixed, and im sure you could of got it free, but hey 25 is better than what you would of had to pay at dealership

Comment

I did it for a burger and wings

As for the dealer stuff... They never have problems with just intakes. Every one of our GM cars we have have intakes on them and the same dealer they all go to never has a problem with them and tells us we need to clean them sometimes if they see they're dirty
                              Exhaust.. my dealer was eeeehy about for it a bit but they like the sound and everything of it and wont try to pin stuff on it. The Service manager loves seeing the stuff I do with my car.

He saw the crappy N-Take eBay one... then my GT-R the next trip.. then my D.S. CAB + Stage 4 next service (He asked what the box was for last time and I told him he'd see ) then I brought it by to have him check out my rim the other day, and he saw the hood and got what it was for and laughed
                              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                              2005 CGM GTO.
                              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Working...
                              X