Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermath of the Squealing Brakes problems hasn't gone away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermath of the Squealing Brakes problems hasn't gone away!

When it was all set and done I finally get the dealers replace the pads and rotors. After couple of weeks using it I find again hard breaking it squeaks very loud I'm thinking is it something wrong with something else? Should I pursuit this matter further?

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Well hard braking is hard on any setup, but I wonder what kind of pads they used. Switching to another type might help some, depending on whats on there. They use ceramic don't they?

Comment

Mine do too and now the pulse at high speeds. WTF is the problem with these things?
      Originally posted by Nikki
      You are an e-pimp.
      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      I tried too, my penis way too big
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
        Mine do too and now the pulse at high speeds. WTF is the problem with these things?
        sounds like GM is using napa rotors we get stuff from them brand new out of the box that is already warped.

Comment

Mine squeek once in awhile when I do a hard stop, thinking about complaing but not that bad and only happens once in awhile and know all breaks make noise from time to time.
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

the brakes on my jimmy squeak 90% of the time. once in a while it will go away for a bit but mostily i just ignore it...and instead have to listen to the people riding with me bitch about how i need new brakes

Comment

if you have the problem to begin with, and you keep getting them replaced at the dealership, there's a very good chance the same thing is going to happen. I've seen it on other cars...squealing brakes even after numerous trips to the dealer.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Don't have a problem with mine. Take it easy on em.

Comment

I very doubt they use ceramic pads it's probably metalllic pads. I tell you the squeaks are long those regular squeaks when comes to a stop I just ignored those but I can't ignore those long and high speed brake squeaks !

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Mine squeak too with 13500 miles
                    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

One thing I do notice is when it is raining it squeaks alot less rather than sunny I don't know whats the reason behind this! They fixed a vibration as well when I had it serviced.

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
                        One thing I do notice is when it is raining it squeaks alot less rather than sunny I don't know whats the reason behind this! They fixed a vibration as well when I had it serviced.
                        I might take mine in this week to get the brakes done.
                        You are an e-pimp.
                        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
                          I am just puzzled with these freaking brakes!

Comment

[quote=redsun_ty]
                            Originally posted by "redsun_ty":2nss8iiy
                            I am just puzzled with these freaking brakes! [/quote:2nss8iiy]That makes 2 of us. I thought these were awesome when I first bought this car but then they started getting noisy and now they pulse so I hate them.
                            You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Take the pads off and put a stop-squeal type of thing on the back of them. Your noise should go away.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X