Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDM HID's from GB

Brand: DDM
    Price: $160 per kit (with lifetime warranty)
    Purchased from: GB

Installation: easy after headlights were removed.
    Installation Time: 1 hours (due to drilling hole in dust caps)

Quality of part: 10
    Product Performance: 10
    Recommend to others? Yes

These kits i bought from the group buy from Bluegtp33 are definately great quality, the ballast are the slim design and the lights look fantastic. Their customer service is awesome, and backing that up with a lifetime warranty makes you feel all warm inside . If anyone was thinking about getting HID's, these guys are definately who you should buy them from.

here's the Group Buy viewtopic.php?f=32&t=16023&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
    18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

DDM Tuning HID's from DDM Tuning

I didn't wanna start a whole new thread, so I found this one from the group buy a few years back. It was positive and I figured I would keep the flow going.

I just bought my second pair of DDM HID headlamps. This time I went with the 55W 8k H11's and I'll be taking the 35W 8K kit to the Fog Lamps. I purchased them last night, 9/20 at about 9-10pm, just cause I was thinking about it. I selected 2 day delivery............I guess when you become a repeat customer, they take that as a HUGE THANK YOU, cause I got my Fed Ex Tracking number 11 minutes ago, at 2:03pm. I guess since I paid for the 2 day delivery, only an additional $13, that they wanna make sure they keep me happy, or they have an overstock of the 55W 8k HID's? In any case, after $61 total, I'll have the lights by Thursday and in Thursday Night! I've gotta admit, I've enjoyed my 35W kit, and I can't wait to get my 55W kit in for the Low's.
    Last edited by BAMBAMM; 09-21-2010, 05:20 PM.
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Re: DDM Tuning HID's from DDM Tuning

I bought my DDM Tuning HID kit (6000k 35w lows) about 3 months ago and haven't regretted it since. They are loads brighter than the normal halogen and give off a nice white light with a hint of blue when from far away. The kit seems well built and have had no problems.

The kit goes for $35 dollars + shipping now, but I got mine for $50 shipped. The shipping process was painless and was shipped on time.
      2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
      GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
      Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

same here, shipping was relatively quick, the packaging wasn't the greatest in the world but nothing was damaged, went with 55watt 8000k's with the optional relay harnesses and I havne't had a single issue with the lights so far, love them!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Do they interfere with the radio reception?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

i got 35 8000k's from them and they hook right up with the DRL's. I have had one problem when it switched from night-time to DRL's, my left light didnt turn back on. so i flicked my night lights on and off again and it worked. I havent had any more problems other than that. i guess the relay harness would have helped.
            Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
            sigpic
            Progression Page
            Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
            Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Isn't the relay harness for when you want to put 55w bulbs into a 35w wiring?

Your HID's probably failed to ignite when transfering from nighttime to DRL. HID's work by sending a mass burst of power to the light to ignite it, and then to maintain that luminosity it only requires a small flow.
              2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,

sigpic

Comment

possibly. im no HID expert lol
                Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                sigpic
                Progression Page
                Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
                Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssul View Post
                  Isn't the relay harness for when you want to put 55w bulbs into a 35w wiring?

Your HID's probably failed to ignite when transfering from nighttime to DRL. HID's work by sending a mass burst of power to the light to ignite it, and then to maintain that luminosity it only requires a small flow.
                  not really, technically the relay harnesses are to allow the power to be drawn from the battery itself as opposed to the stock wiring within the headlights giving the ballasts FULL power needed to ignite the capsules. Sometimes the stock wiring doesn't provide the adequate power for the ballasts which leads to the flickering and other issues that have come up over the years.

In regards to putting 55watters in the stock 35watt location with HID's won't cause really any issues even with stock wiring. You can buy Nokya Stage 3's which are well over 55 watt and you won't have any issues. HOWEVER the reliability of 55 watters in there without the relay harnesses will greatly increase the risks of having issues down the road with premature failure of the ballasts
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Raptor Kit
                    H11 3k (yellow beam)
                    Relay harness
                    Dual in dual out (not needed on the fogs so I wasted a few $ on this)
                    Mounting brackets

I purchased the 3k for the fogs to test out the kit before getting the low beams. Pain less install, took about 1hr because my drill's battery ran out in the middle of install. Ran the relay harness to the fuse box, before the main 80A fuse.

* Driver side has limited options for mounting bracket placement
                    * Lights take about 30sec to reach total yellow color
                    * Notice instant decrease in FM frequency reception once powered

My low beams are still using halogen bulbs

2005 G6 V6, CRABS w/ Custom lower grill ram, Eibach on KYB GR-2, Racingline STB & Street MMI , R1 Concepts Slotted & Cross Drilled w/ Hawk Pads, GTP 18" Hyper White, DDM 3K Fogs.

Comment

Analog kits will affect your radio. I don't use the radio so I didn't care. It does take a 30 seconds for the HID's to fully hit their maximum light output and color. It's just the nature of the beast.
                      2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

Re: DDM HID's from GB

Our cars have 55w to the lows already

Comment

Working...
                        X