To GTA members re air intake related question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To GTA members re air intake related question

I'd like to hear from GTA members who have the '07 GTP or '08 GXP and have added or are thinking of adding an aftermarket cold air intake system. My dealer doesn't have any interest in this topic and told me they won't until GM comes out with its own kit. Are there shops in the GTA which stock the right products and where can you go to have the installation done? Also, my dealer cautioned me about the warranty being affected. Thanks.
    Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
    Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
    Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Re: To GTA members re air intake related question

they can void warranty unless they can prove your parts made the issue arise

Comment

i was told by my dealer that an intake wouldn't mess with your warranty.

as for shops with installation, i couldn't help ya sorry, i usually get my brother to do most of my work.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
        That law doesn't apply in Canada. Manufacturers are free to void the warranty on our cars for any reason they see fit.

That said, I've never had a dealer say anything about my intake. They have made comment about my wheels voiding the suspension warranty though.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

another 27k and im out of warrenty. they(dealership) can abotu warranty to me all they want :P

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
            Originally posted by bluegtp33
            That law doesn't apply in Canada. Manufacturers are free to void the warranty on our cars for any reason they see fit.

That said, I've never had a dealer say anything about my intake. They have made comment about my wheels voiding the suspension warranty though.

you all are crazy up there

do it anyway

Comment

i have a custom intake.. not cold air though but whenever i went to the dealership and when it was still under warranty the guys didnt say anything about it other then hey that isnt what it came with lol
              2010 Chevy Equinox Blue AWD LTZ
              2005 Blue G6 GT Sedan - Traded In

Comment

Installing an intake is pretty easy. If you've got the right tools you can do it yourself.

Comment

Tell'em to f*** off ... as you can tell I'm very diplomatic with dealers

I've never heard any dealers complain about the CAI...

I have the 07 GTP and intend on popping one in eventually... I haven't looked into it yet though because it's off my radar for at least another year or two (or never... still haven't decided if i'm keeping the 6er after my lease expires or if i'll buy it... too many sexy cars coming out to consider haha)

any tuner shop can pop one in easily... you might even get a seperate dealer to agree to the installation... no harm done by inquiring.
                  2007 G6 GTP Coupe 3.6 L VVT
                  - 6 Speed Automatic
                  - Premium Leather Package

Coming soon:
                  - Chrome lower grill inserts
                  - Spoiler

Comment

I've got a Dr. Speed Stage 3 and my dealership's service manager told me that it *might* affect the warranty but only if the problem was related to the air intake. I've got about 20km to go before my warranty runs out, so I'm not likely to have a problem.
                    Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

Working...
                    X