Tropi-Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropi-Care

Has anyone heard of Tropi-Care products. I've heard nothing but good stuff about them. They're a sponsor on the other board I'm on and they've posted some pretty impressive results:

http://www.tropi-care.com/
    Blue Man Group

Re: Tropi-Care

It's pretty decent stuff, nothing outstanding but worth a look.

Comment

What line do you prefer the most Interfire?
      Blue Man Group

Comment

Depends on what purpose it's for.

Comment

Making the car shiny of course

How bout a list of your favorites (for their specific purposes).
          Blue Man Group

Comment

If I did that I would be here all day.

Because each car is different, and paint will vary greatly in hardness I keep a lot of different products stocked. I'll go over a few simple ones that I use regularly. There are so many top products out there that you will find many different combinations. So obviously what I use and prefer may not be the choice of another.

Soap = Either Megs NXT, Sonus or P21S. I use P21S primarily on my own car because it's the most gentle. For customers I mostly use Hyper-wash from Megs professional line. I purchase it in bulk of course so a lot of my line up is stuff from Meguiars professional mirror glaze or detailer line including detailing sprays, soaps, dressings etc etc...

Glaze = Megs #7 is my favorite, followed by Sonus SFX 3 and P21S. For wetness and gloss I find #7 hard to beat.

Polish = Again I have so many I use because each car is going to be different. For the most part I use Megs #83 and #80, those seem to handle the majority of paint defects I come across. Although if they are being stubborn I have to use more aggressive formulas and move to a rotary machine. Meg's just brought out a new ultra cut compound which is very very good. If you work by hand Scratch-x is tremendous stuff, and their new forumula is even better and can now be used by machine easier. It's a great product to start learning with.

Waxes = I primarily like to use a good synthetic wax and layer it with a pure carnauba. That way you get the shine and reflectivity of a synthetic, and the warmth gloss and richness that carnauba brings. Megs NXT, NXT 2.0, #21 or #20 all work great, my fav being the 21 in that group but I have sinced moved over to Ultima primarily. P21S is the best carnauba wax I've come across, followed closely by #26 from Megs. Depending on how often a customer has their car detailed, I will either stick with just a synthetic or carnauba... or both for some who want to maximize looks.

The biggest mistake people make is thinking a waxed car is how their car is suppose to look, this is completely untrue. A maintained car will shine on it's own without wax, wax is the icing on the cake to further enhance gloss and richness for example. Your car will obviously get swirls, chips and whatnot because that's normal for everyday use. And over time your paint will also oxidize which will dull the paint, this is why it's important to polish once a year (by my standards) to restore paint condition. That is why when you buy a new car (and assuming your dealer didn't "detail" it ) it looks awesome because that is how fresh paint is suppose to look. Wax is used too often to hide swirls or defects (while that is a side bonus it's not what it should be used for) it's kind of like slapping fresh paint over a problem. Starting out right with the base look and then working your way up will make all the difference in the end result. Your car without ANY wax applied should give people the impression of "wow, what kind of wax do you use" ... unless they are detailing enthusiasts.

Comment

Thanks Troy Great post
              Blue Man Group

Comment

Anything to help out.

Comment

Troy have you tried out #21 2.0 yet? I still have a nearly full bottle of 21 (and a nearly full bottle of NXT and 26 and a tin of 16 ) but I was debating whether to pick up 21 2.0 or not.

Comment

I've used it a couple of times, I find it is easier to wipe off but that's about it. It is suppose to last longer but I noticed no real increase over the previous formula. I used polycharger on my old stuff to clear it out, which puts it out ontop of the newer stuff anyway. But you can never have enough wax products.

Comment

I tried some of their stuff a few years ago. Its good but not my favorite. Tropicare products were developed by a guy who used to work for the Zaino Brothers. I hear some of their interior products are really good. My personal preference for exterior products is Wolfgang.
                      2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
                      (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
                      (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

The interior products are the only stuff I would use tbh.

Comment

Working...
                        X