Proper tire rotation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper tire rotation?

I'm just over 6,000 miles, and it's recommended to rotate the tires. Problem is, not really sure which way to go with them. In the "Scheduled Maintenance" book, they show the rotation as simply moving the back tires to the front, and the front to the back. But in the "Owner's Manual", they show it as a criss-cross....front tires to rear opposite sides, and rear tires straight to the front.

So which is the proper way?
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

if your vehicles alignment is done properly than moving them front to back is fine. if your tires are not wearing evenly side to side (most likely because of improper alignment) than you can rotate them diagonally.

Comment

well the car only has 6,000 miles so I can assume that the alignment is ok? I mean the car isn't drifting when the steering wheel is straight. I guess I'll just move the back to front/front to back now. Then next time I'll do the criss-cross.
      -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

i don't diagonally rotate mine, i just go front to back. that is how we do it at work too.

Comment

Either way would be fine.

Comment

well front to back is easier to do in my driveway so I'll go with that.
            -Mike #1

Comment

Yeah it's a bit easier.

Comment

yea i went front to back the first time, next i'll go diagonally
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

^ yea. And then front to back again after that, then diagonally again.
                  -Mike #1

Comment

Don't forget to rotate the spair.

Comment

you guys rotate your tire rotations?

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                        Don't forget to rotate the spair.

??????????
                        -Mike #1

Comment

I'm kidding.

You know... cause it's small???

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                            you guys rotate your tire rotations?
                            yes...we do
                            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

At the auto shop I worked at, we would always cross the fronts to the rear, and bring the rears straight forward. Granted, that's not real feasible in your driveway without 4 jack stands.
                              Originally posted by colinpeddle
                              They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                              That here, by G6er law, we lie
                              Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                              THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Working...
                              X