Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To debadge or not to debadge...that is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To debadge or not to debadge...that is the question.

I've been pondering this for a few days now. On my last car I completely debadged the trunk and it looked really smooth, and the location of the trunk lock was in the taillight so the trunk was clean. That's the one thing that's stopping me from debadging my car...the offset trunk lock. I wouldn't be shaving it off, filling it, and repainting the trunk...too much work and money. I kinda like the way the letters look now, but it might look a lot cleaner without them. I think I just want people to know it's a GTP.

Here's a quick chop I did. What do you think?

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

I did mine last week and I love it. All the back badges and the GM badges are gone. I would do the moldings but I hear they have holes...

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I've been discussing this with a friend of mine, we both do minor body and paint work when we can in addition to all mechanical and electrical work. Anyhoot, we were thinking of just taking the rear keyhole out of the trunk-paint it your stock color and replace the lock. Being that your car is black it won't be a problem to paint your to match, mine however is the granite metallic so I might have a problem matching. Paint the lock and just put it back in but DON'T use it so it doesn't get scratched up. Just an idea-faster and less expensive than shaving it.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

hmmm..paint the lock? I never use it so it wouldn't get scratched...but I'm not sure how it would look painted. At a glance or from a distance you wouldn't really notice it, but when you get closer up you'll see it.

Mike
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I'm too much of a perfectionist to just paint the lock....that's kind of half-assing it, if you ask me. However, the debadged trunk looks pretty good.
          Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
          GT-R Exhaust System
          K&N Typhoon CAB
          EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
          EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

yeah of course you'd notice it, just trying to throw my two cents in for a faster and less expensive way of doing it. I agree de-badging looked awesome on my last car but I'm not sure how far I'll take it with the coupe.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

What about a smooth cap?

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                What about a smooth cap?
                yea I was thinking about that. Something like the plugs they make for the front license plate holes left by the brackets.

Mike
                -Mike #1

Comment

I have seen them for the door locks as well, my buddy has them on his GP, but I dont know if they make them for the trunk lock or if they are universal how it would look.

Comment

see if you can get some pics or a website so everyone can check them out, I'd be interested in those.

Comment

Custom paint-matched BumperPlugs™ for front license plate holes in bumper, finished in 19-stage factory chemistry.

Mike
                      -Mike #1

Comment

If no one has yet, I'm gonna go a head and order a set of these, one pair for the door handles even though we only have one door lock on the drivers side, and I'm gonna see if the second will work in the lock in the trunk. I'll let you know what I find out everyone! :P

Comment

Check out these:

http://www.signsbydrex.com/

Go to New Products!

22.00 for a full set or 14.50 for doors and 8.50 for the trunk.

John

Comment

that's a good find, but would the trunk one fit our cars? It says it's for inset locks...the trunk one isn't really recessed, it sticks out.

Mike
                            -Mike #1

Comment

Also the driver door lock is one of the deepest I've seen, wonder if it would stay secure to the lock while driving 75mph on the freeway?

Comment

Working...
                              X