Aftermarket with DIC controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket with DIC controls

I don't know if you have seen this but this should let you intergrate your aftermarket radio and allow you to keep your factory "functions" through the DIC. It is avilable from scosche. The part number is GM1593B.

Pretty sure thats the kit i bought. No real problems with it from a functional standpoint. I just don't like the actual display. It doesn't match the red factory disply...just black lettering on a white display
    Black G6 Coupe GTP
    Pioneer Head Unit. 2 Audiobahn 12s. 400W Phoenix Gold Amp.
    15% tint
    Doc Speed Air Box

Comment

you have that kit? That's the nicer one. Got any pics of it? I have the Metra kit.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

No I don't own this kit. I actually drive a GP GXP right now. But seeing that this kit is out I may just have to get a GTP G6 for my next car. I just saw this dash kit and thought that I would let you guys know about it. I am an installer and have been waiting for this kit to come out. If I get one to install I'll let you know.
        -Ryan

Comment

Yeah this kit looks much nicer than the Metra Kit. Its just pricy, its like $200.00. Someone posted a picture of this in the new member section.
          06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

Originally posted by djryanGXP
            No I don't own this kit. I actually drive a GP GXP right now. But seeing that this kit is out I may just have to get a GTP G6 for my next car. I just saw this dash kit and thought that I would let you guys know about it. I am an installer and have been waiting for this kit to come out. If I get one to install I'll let you know.
            -Ryan
            Personally I think the kit is ugly in comparison to the rest of the dash, how a company can come out with a product that doesnt even match the interior styling of the car is beyond me and yes I do realize that this is made for more than just the G6 but for petes sake at least give the customer the option of choosing between colors for display! I just feel that for $200 it should have a little better styling to it than what it does. I love aftermarket units and with out a doubt they blow away basically any stock headunit as far as options and function. I would love to get one but not at the expense of throwing off the entire look of my dash to keep the DIC. Teelo and a few others had the right idea which is a DD and screw the DIC, much cleaner look I wish I would have done it when I had the cash for it a few months ago !
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

if nothing comes out that matches, i'm keeping it stock
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Agreed. They could at least try to match the colour of the plastic as well, if not the colour of the display.

For that much money, almost as much as a deck itself.

Comment

Keeping the stock deck is not really a problem except fot the inabillity to to play mp3, They look great. Mine is kinda ugly cuz I have the base model but I will upgrade soon enough. As for expanding your system with amps and speakers you should look into the JL clean sweep. This thing friggin rocks. Plus it will allow you to interface several other inputs like ipod or an mp3 player and have perfect sq. They are like 350 bucks but well worth it if you want to keep the stock deck. You can zeroize the signal noize and have a pure clean powerful sig to the amps.
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

^ agreed. The stock deck is really nice. But I just missed that MP3 capability. I had a 100 CDs in my car when I had the stock deck. I cut that number down by more than half after I got the MP3 deck.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                      ^ agreed. The stock deck is really nice. But I just missed that MP3 capability. I had a 100 CDs in my car when I had the stock deck. I cut that number down by more than half after I got the MP3 deck.
                      yeah i hear ya on that. i have a Pioneer that plays MP3s in my truck and i only keep two cds in there at a time. everytime i get an appreciable amount of new music i burn a new cd and throw the older of the two out. one MP3 cd can last me a 12 hour drive, or the two 5 hour drives to get to my parents house and back. better than XM i think because it is the music i want to hear.

Comment

I do wish the stock deck read MP3's but I'm really liking XM.

Comment

Maybe the mp3 will be something they fix in one of the 07 rides. I mean my dads work truck, a colorado, has freakin MP3 playback on it. How much extra do you think it costs to build these things with mp3 capabillity. Like 50 bucks tops. How retarded is that. I would have paid 150 to 200 extra just for mp3.
                          You are an e-pimp.
                          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                            Maybe the mp3 will be something they fix in one of the 07 rides. I mean my dads work truck, a colorado, has freakin MP3 playback on it. How much extra do you think it costs to build these things with mp3 capabillity. Like 50 bucks tops. How retarded is that. I would have paid 150 to 200 extra just for mp3.
                            yeah i would have too. and don't the cobalts have an MP3 option? wtf is up with that

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                              Originally posted by disposablehero
                              yeah i would have too. and don't the cobalts have an MP3 option? wtf is up with that
                              fucked by the GM weenie again.
                              You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Working...
                              X