Upgrading anti-sway bars- V6 - GT- GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading anti-sway bars- V6 - GT- GTP

Looking through the forum and doing a search for sway bars I cannot find much about what is available for the G6.

I own a G6 V6 and have briefly driven a G6 GT.

Articles I have read stated that the GT has quite an improved suspension vs the G6V6.

I think I read somewhere that the GT has upgraded larger diameter front and rear anti-sway bars and upgraded tie rod end links(?). I don't know if the sway bars have upgraded bushings (poly graphite) or end links.

Does anyone know if there is a sway bar kit above the GT? I think the GT and GTP have the same suspension.

Any info on this will be helpful.
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin

I don't think there are any sway kits out there. Not sure what sizes they have as I've always wondered that.

You could probably replace the bushings but that would probably be a waste of time for right now. The suspension I think is the same for both the GT and GTP.

Comment

For the base model V6 sedan, it looked like ~18.5mm when I measured---both front and back bars. Is this differant than the GTs and GTPs?
      2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

The difference between the GT and GTP is 1 mm I think. If not then they are the same. I think it's 21mm for the GT and 22mm for the GTP.

Comment

Working...
        X