mod help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod help?

I am not new too the G6 I have had mine for about two years, but I am new too modding this car and I am kinda broke right now so what i would like too know is what are some free/cheap low cost mods? I know the headlight painting and stuff like that. any tips or tricks will be a big help. if you could list the mod,cost,and install would be great
    DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Re: mod help?

Blue Man Group

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked
      lol
      <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

so cheap things: the logo and eyelid decals from schenko those make your car stand out and are relatively cheap.
        you can remover your resonator that will free up some air give it a better sound and its free

Comment

Debadge
          Calipers ~$30
          Upper Window Chrome (if you have a sedan) ~$30 or $15 if you buy the tape and do it yourself
          LED's in Vents ~$20 look in the how-to section I did a write up.
          Blue Man Group

Comment

I think I'm gonna debadge my 6
            <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Debadge
              Calipers ~$30
              Upper Window Chrome (if you have a sedan) ~$30 or $15 if you buy the tape and do it yourself
              LED's in Vents ~$20 look in the how-to section I did a write up.

change your headlamps to red (inside lights)
              DEBADGE FOR SURE i left just my arrows on then got the logo inlays and that looks sweet

Comment

I thought about debadging too, but I am afraid there will be a paint fade difference.
                Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

i did mine the day that i got my 6 so i had no problem but i would think that you shouldn't have a problem

Comment

point taken.....lol I have been serching for months and you just cant find everything you look for.
                    DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightG6GT
                      so cheap things: the logo and eyelid decals from schenko those make your car stand out and are relatively cheap.
                      you can remover your resonator that will free up some air give it a better sound and its free
                      how well do the eyelids hold up and i may be looking in the wrong places but i cant find them in the crimson red

Comment

Originally posted by earlbaer
                        I thought about debadging too, but I am afraid there will be a paint fade difference.
                        debadge one of the gm side badges if there's discoloration underneath just put it back on. If there isn't that's a good indication that the other badges won't have any discoloration.
                        Blue Man Group

Comment

I took the GM ones off just a month ago and i didnt have any fadeing.

Comment

Yeah Schenko's decals are pretty sweet and thats not gonna hurt your pocket much. I changed all my inside bulbs (dome/map lamps) to red LEDs and that didnt cost much either (got em online), if you haven't tinted yet then def tint and you should def debadge and maybe paint your calipers, that always looks sick....unless you do like...lime green or purple....then it would look the other sick

Happy modding!!!

Comment

You should be good to pull the other ones off too then. I pulled all of my badges off except the Arrowhead. Looks great ihmo.
                              Blue Man Group

Comment

Working...
                              X