Clear All

• DoctorSpeed Cold Air Box

Doctor Speed Cold Air Box Intake

Brand: Doctor Speed
    Price: $169.95; free for some of us
    Purchased From: http://www.doctorspeed.com

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: 20-30minutes
    Any Installation Tips:Will need a T25 torx bit, and either a 7mm(9/32) and 10mm. I have never installed a intake and this was simple, even without instructions

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10 (no welded brackets to break off, couplers fit tubes nicely, K&N filter baby!)
    Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 9 (the sound at wide open throttle is amazing, also noticed a little performance difference, most noticeable on the highway when downshifting to pass)
    Would you Recommend to Others: Yes

Any Other Comments: Just buy it baby, you will see what it is all about. Personal promise that you will love the sound and quality of the intake

What made you choose this over the stage 3 system?

Comment

It is prettier and improves fuel economy where as FWI are known for doing the opposite.
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i can see it for one, two gonna make the same improvements and also i get better gas mileage with it

and i was second to get one

they it was more expensive than stage 3 worked too

Comment

Did you guys see any difference in fuel consumption?
          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
          Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
          MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
          Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

i get 1-2 more mpg per tank in normal city driving

i dont out alot on highway around here...most of my driving is for work and that is like mile away

the one time i drove mostly highway i got about 3-4 mpg increase

not sure if anyone else seen the change or not

Comment

Yes, maybe an mpg or two.... On my 3.5 just for the record. Right now I am getting 23.8 with mostly city....
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

oh yes, just to clarify, i have the 3.9

Comment

Working...
                X