X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response from Baer

Hello John,
    Unfortunately there are no immediate plans to offer any brake
    components for the G6 at this time. Sorry we couldn't help.

Name : John

Comments : Will you be producing any products for the new Pontiac G6?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Eh if they don't want the business that let them suffer, I think I've seen a couple companies around the net offering big brake kits for the front and back for the G6-not Baer or Wilwood but some other brand. Oh well, we'll take what we can get. Thanks for inquiring with them John.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I wouldn't let it get you down just yet. The G6 is new and most likely Baer has underestimated the aftermarket demand, especially with the GTP models being produced now. I wouldn't be suprised if they change their mind in the next year or so.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I'm sure your 100% correct, hopefully Baer and Wilwood will get into the market, I know Baer has big brake kits and rear disk conversions out for the last model cavaliers, havne't looked for the cobalts. I'm sure they'll come around like you said, it will just take time. I'm curious though how Vortec was so fast on the supercharger for the 3.5, is it a design from the previous GM v6's?
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah. They had one through RSm made for the 3.4 V6. The 3.5 is basically the same engine.
          Not a G6 owner... yet.

Comment

Eh we don't need brake upgrades until we start making some serious horsepower numbers anyway.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

pwn3d!

Yeah... thiese cars need to be faster and need a HELL of a lot of suspesnion tweeaks before hard braking cornering will be necesary.. cuz right now, if oyu are able to get up to say..60mph on the track (lol) and go into a corner..you'll just end up in the ditch anywyas.
              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I disagree, you need the parts ready to go before you get them fast... And not to mention a high performance braking/suspension setup, which ultimately makes the car a great handler, is way more fun on the street that an extra 100 hp...

John

Comment

I'd just like the looks of the Baer calipers on my car with some cross drilled rotors.

Comment

Paint your calipers, buy the cheap Ebay cross drilled rotors and have kizyle make a Baer sticker toput on the caliper... Pimp yo!

Honestly, I think the GM brakes are VERY good compared to a lot of cars. I think adding a set of ceramic pads, stainless brake lines, bgood fluid, and maybe some slotted rotors would be PLENTY of braking force for anything high performance with less than 18" wheels.

Comment

Slotted rotors are only for looks unless you are at the track and doing repeated stops that torture the brakes. The best upgrades are grippy pads or bigger pad/rotor/caliper combo.

John

Comment

SLotted (true slotted) rotors are GOOD.. cross drilled or crap slotted eat uppads.

You can only get GOOD slotted rotros from TCE, Wilwood, Brembo, etc. I know brakes, suspension, and handling too, dear buddy.

Side note...may wanna shoot brembo an email, as they sell rotors alone and I know they did them for us wee little contour owners once. I had there slotted rotors with a set of KVR pads and the stock calipers... I could stop on a dime, they were great. Pad life was VERY good and nearly no dust.

Comment

I think the cross drilled rotors on Ebay look decent, I might pick them up if he ever has an auction for all 4.

Comment

Working...
                          X