Service Bulletin #04088 - Driver Door Water Intrusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Bulletin #04088 - Driver Door Water Intrusion

Does anyone know what the recommend solution/fixes are to resolve the following Service Bulletin #04088 - Driver Door Water Intrusion? I have a 2005 G6 GT Sedan. I had water coming through the door and from the sunvisor arm that goes up into the headliner. I am guessing this is a sunroof drain tube issue, but i'm wondering if anyone knows what the bulletin recommends for the GM tech to do, other than maybe to check the drain tubes, to resolve this issue? Thanks.

Re: Service Bulletin #04088 - Driver Door Water Intrusion

Originally posted by rage32
    Does anyone know what the recommend solution/fixes are to resolve the following Service Bulletin #04088 - Driver Door Water Intrusion? I have a 2005 G6 GT Sedan. I had water coming through the door and from the sunvisor arm that goes up into the headliner. I am guessing this is a sunroof drain tube issue, but i'm wondering if anyone knows what the bulletin recommends for the GM tech to do, other than maybe to check the drain tubes, to resolve this issue? Thanks.
    That bulletin was because people had issues with sporadic and unexplainable trunk popping and door unlocking. They'd come back to their car and the trunk would be open or the doors unlocked. The determination was water leakage in the driver door causing a false signal to the BCM to pop the trunk. Because you can apparently pop the trunk by turning the key to unlock 3 times, the short was mimicking that same action. The TSB called for the BCM to be reprogrammed to disable that eature until a permanent fix could be determined. AFAIK no fix has been announced yet.

IOW, your issue is not covered by the TSB you mentioned.

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82

Originally posted by e2helper on G6OwnersClub.com
    The key cylinder switch in driver door latch was sending an incorrect signal to the body computer.

The body computer uses this input to enable/disable content theft system and do a central lock/unlocking of all doors. By cycling the switch to UNLOCK 3 times you would get a trunk pop command.

Dealer will disable all these functions with a calibration change to the body computer.

Things that owners need to keep in mind after this is done....

1. Now that key cylinder switch in door is disabled if you unlock doors using the key cylinder (and not use the remote keyless fob - which is standard feature) you will set the content theft system into a pre-alarm chirping and need to put key in ignition and turn on before the 10 second timer elapses and the full alarm mode occurs. Best to just unlock doors with key fob.

2. If you have the dealer fix vehicle and have the remote start option double-check to make sure it is still working and that the dealer didn't inadvertently disable that feature.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
    X