Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solstice Turbo in G6?

http://www.turbo-kits.com/solstice_turbo_kits.html

The solstice has the same motor its just tuned differently. Wonder If You could hook that up in my SE? Any Ideas? Also anybody know if I could use the ECU from a Soltice on this car? Might sound dumb but just wonderin.

2006 Pontiac G6 2.4L Ecotech Mods to Come Soon!

Re: Hmm wonder if this will work in the G6?

Originally posted by arsmitty86
    http://www.turbo-kits.com/solstice_turbo_kits.html

The solstice has the same motor its just tuned differently. Wonder If You could hook that up in my SE? Any Ideas? Also anybody know if I could use the ECU from a Soltice on this car? Might sound dumb but just wonderin.

I would say the turbo yes, the ECU no..... just my .02
    Shit happens, Drive faster
    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :)
    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Its hard to say, I would have to look at the ECU's programing.
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

It's probably safe to say the internals are the same - the one major variable is the fwd vs. rwd and how much the ECU controls the transmission. There should be a seperate control module for the transmission though, so I'd think it would work.

The only other major differences would be in the intake and exhaust systems, but probably not enough to make that big a difference. It would probably be along the same lines as using an aftermarket intake/exhaust on your car now with the base tune.
        Originally posted by colinpeddle
        They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
        That here, by G6er law, we lie
        Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
        THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
          It's probably safe to say the internals are the same - the one major variable is the fwd vs. rwd and how much the ECU controls the transmission. There should be a seperate control module for the transmission though, so I'd think it would work.

The only other major differences would be in the intake and exhaust systems, but probably not enough to make that big a difference. It would probably be along the same lines as using an aftermarket intake/exhaust on your car now with the base tune.
          Correct they used both an ECU and TCU
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

at least it has free shipping...once you pay 4,000
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

WTF they made one for this car and not for G6
              G6 GT COUPE

Comment

because this is a 2 seater sports sedan, same thing like when Jackson made that sick ass supercharger setup for the Miata and the rest of the Mazda line had zippo!!
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Damn $4K...coudn't you have a shop build you a custom one cheaper?
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Why wont 1 company just give in and make a turbo that is reasonable and still gives the boost we need?
                    Originally posted by Nikki
                    You are an e-pimp.
                    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    I tried too, my penis way too big
                    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

because designing a turbo setup is not reasonable when only 2 or 3 people would realistically buy it. yeah a dozen or so people on here would jump up and say "ooh ooh i want one i want one" but when push came to shove they would be lucky to get more than 3 people to actually put down the money for one. it is a waste of time and money to design one for this car at this point in time.

Comment

I'd rather have a super setup. Someone buy it and see if it works

Comment

Well Guess It dont matter right now

Truthfully itll be a while b4 im ready to turbo it anyway. I'm more interested in someone releasing a damn performance chip for the 2.4l. That I would buy in a heartbeat. I should have my exhaust on by the end of the summer and hopefully some rims. But I'm still debating on whether I wanna do a complete exhaust or just go cat-back...
                          oh btw I'm getting a digital camera within the week (yeah I know what kind of IT guy doesn't have a digital camera) but in anycase I'll have some pics of my car up soon.

Comment

if it is 4000 why not get the sc that is out already anyway

Comment

Because...

Unfortunately the SC thats out is NOT for the ecotechs. It's for the standard 2.4l found in the older cavaliers.

Comment

Working...
                              X