GTA Interest in Aquapel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA Interest in Aquapel?

I had Aquapel installed on my G6 when I was in Salt Lake City, Utah back in September 2006. It kept working quite well up 'till about January 2008 (yes, 15 months!). Now, I'm starting to look for a kit that I can install myself, probably in mid-April.

It think I'll be able to get a 6-pack for about $70 all-in from a Canadian source. I might also be able to get it from the US for a little less, but that pesky "customs brokerage fee" always seems to knock the crap out of any savings. Anyway, I'm still trying to find the right place to buy it (suggestions are appreciated).

So, would anyone in the GTA be interested in an application of Aquapel? I expect each application will be about $12 (If I can find it for less, then I will), and you supply your own elbow grease to really clean your window and then apply it. I'm not looking to make any money on this.

My plan is to buy a pack of six, and I'll sell three of the applications. So, the first three applications spoken for could be picked-up at a GTA meet... no payment required until I deliver them to you.

If there is huge interest, then I'll consider getting a larger order, but I'd likely want some up-front money... but let's not worry about that until we get past these three.

Take Care,
    GraniteGrey
    Trust me, I'm a professional!

Re: GTA Interest in Aquapel?

Why not just buy a load of it on eBay instead? You can get a 24 pack for less than $100.

Comment

You can, but then the shipping to Canada costs get added. One vendor I contacted wanted $40 to ship to Canada for a 10-pack, then I've got to add in the GST and brokerage fee when it gets to the border. Pretty much every option I've looked at comes out at around $12/application.

If you can get it for less, that'd be great... I want three!

Comment

What is Aquapel?

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
          What is Aquapel?
          http://corporateportal.ppg.com/NA/Aquapel/EN

in a nutshell, really fancy rain-x, but it does work.

Comment

I found a 24 pack of it for $89 and then $20 shipping USPS to Canada... even with shipping that is a much better buy than 6 for $70.

Comment

Oh, I see.

I'd rather just make sure that I have good wiper blades.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

It looks like I'll have a hard time getting people interested in picking-up the other applications - regardless of the cost for six or 24.

I can certainly understand... having not really cared for Rain-X, and before I tried Aquapel, I don't think I would have thought $12 (or what-ever) was a reasonable cost for a single application. Of course, you can find lots of auto glass shops that charge $30 to $60 to apply this for you... so I don't think I'm alone in feeling like the product is worthwhile.

Unfortunately, it apparently has a shelf life, so I don't want to buy a lot more than I need. So for now, I'll just worry about myself. I'll happily show-off the usefulness if we get an opportunity at a meet though.

Take Care,
                GraniteGrey

Comment

Hey GraniteGrey, that seems to be a pretty solid product..I used to use Rain-X and after like a month I would have to apply another coating. Otherwise, it would look so bad on my windshield. I'd give it a go, when is the first meet kickin??

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                  - JL 1000.1 Amp
                  - JL 12" W7
                  - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

Dubbzzz,

First-off... welcome. I was going to reply in the Toronto Area Meets thread, but then I saw your message here.

Anyway, I've not followed-up yet with purchasing any Aquapel... it's still a little cold out for me to be doing the application (not to mention cleaning the window thoroughly to begin with). Plus you're the first to note any interest in getting in on the purchase.

I'll likely buy whatever I need, plus the one or two extras that might be spoken-for in this thread, sometime in mid April. It should arrive before the end of the month in any event. I hope in the next couple of weeks I can clean my car completely and swap-off the winter tires... and I'll want to apply the Aquapel soon after that so long as it's warm enough.

As for when we'll have an area meet... that's still up-in-the-air. I'll definitely be pushing for one once the Aquapel arrives though.

Take Care,
                    GraniteGrey

Comment

sweet man, I'm looking forward to trying this product out..and looking forward to this winter crap to be over with! Itll be good times this summer. Keep us posted on the meet info, or if I hear something you will hear from me.

Dubbzzz

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                      - JL 1000.1 Amp
                      - JL 12" W7
                      - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

here check tintnelectronics on ebay

http://stores.ebay.com/TINT-N-ELECTRONI ... idZ2QQtZkm

this is probably the guy troy was talking about, as i put in shipping for canada and it was 20 bucks

has great prices and can get anywhere from 2 to 24 pack kits

Comment

I just received my supply of Aquapel from Tint 'n Electronics (same place as mentioned by bluegtp33). I bought a ten pack and it cost a total of C$63.81 with shipping. For other Canadians interested in buying from them, I ordered on Sunday, April 13, 2008 and it arrived on Tuesday, April 29 - which was in-line with what I expected.

Anyway, I've sent a PM to Dubbzzz about this. Is anyone else interested in a tube of the Aquapel? I'm asking for $6.38 each - like I said before, I'm not looking to make money on this. I have six, and maybe seven, spoken for already. Assuming Dubbzzz still wants one, that leaves two or three more.

I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me, but I am going to try to make the TAG meet on Sunday (May 4) with TLS2000 (this thread: http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...p?f=30&t=17055). I won't likely be able to confirm though until Saturday night.

Take Care,
                          GraniteGrey

Comment

Three are now spoken for... we're done!

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteGrey
                              Three are now spoken for... we're done!
                              Kewl can't wait to try the stuff out...I am sure it must be great as you like it! Thanks for letting me know about it

Comment

Working...
                              X