We've got SS Headers if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've got SS Headers if....

Sent an email to my friends at SS Headers to see if we can't get some headers for the 3500 and 3900. They were the manufactures of the very popular 3400 and 3800 V6 Headers. Here's their response.

Hi Chad
    We would need for a club like G6 preorder 40 sets to get it rolling. And we would need somebody's vehicle for about a week to prototype the header. Are any members in the Phoenix/Glendale area? This is what we did for the V-6 3.4 and 3.8.
    Thanks very much
    Betty
    I'm a wee bit stunned by the quantity required- 40 sets. So.. what do you all say? Do we have 40 peeps available for this? Speaking with Betty, she stated the cost would be in the range of the 3.4 and 3.8 costs (about 550.00) and would/could possibly offer up some additional services as jet coat, ceramic coating, etc. As she stated, they need a G6 for a week to build them- I know we got a few guys out there in phoneix. So.. the boats on the horizon, who's interested in helping me send up the smoke signals?? I woudl imagine there wouldn't be any time limit for this, we just need 40 guys and gals to say they are interested in some headers. Anyone have more ?'s, post them up and I'll call Betty and see what more we can do, etc, etc. I'm going to see if they can reduce the # required to more like 20-ish. :idea:

Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Count me in, I live in Glendale, AZ but I don't know about giving my car up for a week or two. However count me in and let me know the details about the shop here in AZ.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I'll get you all the info needed as it comes available. I've worked with these guys in the past on starting up "Group Buys" and "New Products".. absoltue top notch in my eyes.

Headers with Ceramic Coating that I had gotten done for my last car. Absolutly top notch.

Comment

I'm in
        They sent me the same e-mail.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Would they be long-tube headers or shorties??? I would be interested if they are long tube.
          Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
          GT-R Exhaust System
          K&N Typhoon CAB
          EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
          EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

Originally posted by MDMAS13
            Would they be long-tube headers or shorties??? I would be interested if they are long tube.
            +1
            05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
            90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
            1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
            F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

These cars already have a pretty good amount of torque. Some long tubers would definitely increase. With a good design, a CAI, and an exhaust, us 3.9L guys could probably be looking at somewhere around 280 or 290 lbs/ft of torque.
              GT-R Exhaust System
              K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

I'll send them an email from my Doctor Speed email. I've actually gotten a few emails asking about them already. Hopefully, that will boost the requests enough to get it rolling.

Still, anybody interested needs to send them an email. Post here when you send and we can keep track of how many more requests we need.
                2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I just sent S&S Headers an e-mail in regards to getting some Long Tube Headers!!!!
                  GT-R Exhaust System
                  K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

in response to updated posts, I'd be interested in long tube equal length runners if they could do them for our cars.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I've notified S & S about wanting the long tubers. They tend to respond within 48 hours or so.

Comment

GREAT!! Let us know what they say and hopefully they'll give you some prices or ballpark figures so we can get an estimate. Good job btw.

Comment

Here's an update.. she didn't answer my question about the long tube headers, though.

Hi Chad
                          I'm not sure on the price yet for the 3.9 headers. It depends a lot on materials like the laser cut flanges. Our 3.8 headers with the flex are currently $515 and the coating is an additional $150. With the high flow cat the price is $717 and an additional $150 for the ceramic coating. We need to get a local car in here to take a look and see clearance issues etc and then we can determine a firm price. For the pre-orders we request a 50% deposit when the orders are placed. Each club member would call in and place his or her order and give us the credit card info at that time. I guess the first step is finding someone in our area with the car that wants to let us use it for proto and to build the fixtures. We normally give that lucky person a set of free headers.
                          Betty
                          So.. whoever wants some free headers, we need you out in Phoneix to let em' measure up and make some proto's. Plus.. we need a bunch of people! :P :idea:

Comment

The one problem that we're going to encounter for headers on the 3900 is the fact that Each manifold has the a catalytic converter bolted up right to it. And I mean right up to it.
                            Which will make having a bolt up replacement header really pointless as it will only be a teenie tiny shorty little thing.

A good set of short headers (talking 15-18 inches) would need to have both cats relocated and bolted up right to the headers to to keep the Quick cat light up as close to stock.

As much as a good set of equal length long tubes is a desirable, Its just not something that S&S would produce for the G6, based on what they made for the 60v6 Nbody and the 3800. Both of which are shorty style unequal length type headers.

This is what a set of 35 inch equal length Long tubes looked like on my sunbird, Built them myself from scratch:

Definetly not an easy task to fit long tubes in a FWD V6 engine bay.
                            Colin.
                            06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
                            92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
                            90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

Damn I live in Glendale, AZ but I can't just give my car up for however long they'll need it I'll think about it since I think there is only about 2-3 down here other than old people driving sedans all over the place-don't think they would like a set of headers!!

Comment

Working...
                              X