X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badtz.boyz/ebay injen clone

Brand: Injen clone, by badtz.boyz on ebay
    Price: 89.95
    Purchased From: (URL)Don't know how to do this.

Installation: moderate
    Installation Time: 20 minutes with all the parts and instructions, which weren't with this one.
    Any Installation Tips You Have: (optional)

Quality of Part: 7.5
    Product Performance: 7.5, no noticeable power increase as all intakes are. A KN stock flat replacement would be nearly as efficient.
    Would you Recommend to Others: Maybe

Comments

I was a bit disappointed with this intake. Although I did receive all pieces in the ebay pictures, it needs 2 couplings to attach all parts to both sides of the MAS, and comes with only 1.?? Now, there may some way that badtz figures to use only one coupling, but this also comes with NO instructions. Also there are 2 brkts/straps that appear to fit to nothing. Again, instructions would be of great help! When e-mailed badtz about the "missing" coupler, he said, "The 2 straps are not necessary to install and I the extra hose can be purchased at a local autozone or kregan, I apologize for the oversight.

Thanks to others on this forum, and stops at numerous auto stores that did not carry the proper size as stated, and finally Home Depot, I was able to get this intake installed the way it appears to be designed.

So, for 90.00, it may be worth it, as you do get most of the parts to install, but badtz.boyz sure could've made this much simpler, and COMPLETE, experience. Personally, knowing what I know now, a 50.00 KN that attaches directly to the MAS, would have been a better route to take, plus the MAS looks like it's a 3 inch opening and this "clone" opening is smaller via the chrome reducer to KN that comes with it. But the long intake pipe is not bad looking and along with the elbow, may be worth the price here. I give this deal about a 6 out of 10 and will give badtz.boyz a neutral rating on ebay, knowing full well he'll give a neutral or negative in retaliation.

I would leave pix, if I could figure out how to attach them, but it looks the same as the how-to thread, basically.

Later,
    ominousone

Re: badtz.boyz/ebay injen clone

I bought this intake as well and just got received it today. My kit seems to have all three couplers though. It also has the extra hose I believe you are referring to... maybe he added it to his kits.

Comment

Please format your review as per: http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...c.php?f=28&t=7

Comment

My original post pretty much told the tale, however, rules are rules. So;

Brand: Injen clone, by badtz.boyz on ebay
        Price: 89.95
        Purchased From: (URL)Don't know how to do this.

Installation: moderate
        Installation Time: 20 minutes with all the parts and instructions, which weren't with this one.
        Any Installation Tips You Have: (optional)

Quality of Part: 7.5
        Product Performance: 7.5, no noticeable power increase as all intakes are. A KN stock flat replacement would be nearly as efficient.
        Would you Recommend to Others: Maybe

ominousone

Comment

I would agree with the above post, although mine seems to have all the parts. I'm regretably selling it though before ever installing it. Oh well...

Comment

The KN filter on this is a 2.75 inch and the MAS on my 3.5 is 3 inch. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. My theory is that 3 inch is gonna flow more air than 2.75 inch. However, the intake port at the plenum looks to be closer to the 2.75, although I did not measure that.

I'm going with a 3 inch KN and the CAB, while using the long intake pipe provided with this clone.

Later,
            ominousone

Comment

Originally posted by ominousone
              The KN filter on this is a 2.75 inch and the MAS on my 3.5 is 3 inch. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. My theory is that 3 inch is gonna flow more air than 2.75 inch. However, the intake port at the plenum looks to be closer to the 2.75, although I did not measure that.

I'm going with a 3 inch KN and the CAB, while using the long intake pipe provided with this clone.

Later,
              ominousone
              Not sure if that will realy do you any good because the clone shrinks down right before the Throttle body at the rubber elbow

Although you did kinda say that, but again not sure if that larger filter is going to do you any better

Comment

I did notice and comment on the intake pipe reduction at the plenum. The stock pipe is 2.75 at that point. So, the filter size, being about the same, likely makes no difference. If nothing else, it's a "feel good" deal. So, the KN and adapter that came with the clone is for sale. I have one of lampoon's CABs on the way and then I expect to be happy with my intake system, finally. I'll review it when installed.

Later,
                ominousone

Comment

I got caught trying to go around the G6Performance rules.
                  For that I am banned to drive a Honda.

Comment

Working...
                  X