Factory Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Alarm

Does anyone know how to disable the factory car alarm (the one that uses the cars horn)? I've had an after market one installed with remote start and i now have 2 alarms on my car. If i use the button on the doors to lock the car it enables the factory alarm. So when i unlock the doors and get in using the new system it sets off the old alarm. Anyone have any ideas of how to disable this or am i going to have to pull the fuse on the old system?

Re: Factory Alarm

there is no way to disable it with out powering off the BCM

it was also covered here
    http://g6performance.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... =2&t=16022

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

If they knew what they were doing you shouldn't need both, that's what the bypass and interface is for.

Comment

I have an after market alarm on my car also. Everything works fine. The key to not setting both alarms is to not lock the car from the button on the door panel (if that's what im assuming). That causes your factory alarm to enable itself. And then if you also lock your car with the aftermarket alarm, then you'll have both alarms set. Iv tested it out a few times with mines and things work perfect. If somehow your only setting your alarm with the aftermarket key fob and its setting the factory alarm also, then I would suggest you take it back to where you had the aftermarket one installed and show them what's happening. That's an install error because the new one is supposed to bypass the factory one.

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

You can have both alarms hooked up if you want to and have the work somewhat together, you just have to figure out on how to arm and disarm the car. My girls acura has both the stock alarm and an aftermarket on the car. Apparently the stock system is similar technology to our cars. Anyways when you go to Disarm the car you need to disarm the stock first then the aftermarket system. If you do it reversed one or both alarms will go off. To arm the car she needs to arm the aftermarket first then the stock, again if you do the wrong order or don't arm the one the alarm will go off. Yes it's quite complicated but it makes it that much harder to steal. It is possible that this is how your system is set up or you can take it back and have the stock system bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
            You can have both alarms hooked up if you want to and have the work somewhat together, you just have to figure out on how to arm and disarm the car. My girls acura has both the stock alarm and an aftermarket on the car. Apparently the stock system is similar technology to our cars. Anyways when you go to Disarm the car you need to disarm the stock first then the aftermarket system. If you do it reversed one or both alarms will go off. To arm the car she needs to arm the aftermarket first then the stock, again if you do the wrong order or don't arm the one the alarm will go off. Yes it's quite complicated but it makes it that much harder to steal. It is possible that this is how your system is set up or you can take it back and have the stock system bypassed.
            True, you can use both alarms. I do sometimes when I know im gonna be away from my car for a long while (like when I went out of town for a few days and had my car sitting at the airport). But it is complicated if you don't remember that you got both alarms set. You may disarm the aftermarket one, but forget the factory one. So when you open your door, your car horn will go off. In order to disable it, you have to put your key in the ignition and turn it, then the factory alarm will turn off. Kinda tricky, but iv learned after a few embarrasing time.....

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
            Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Working...
            X