Leather cleaner/protecter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather cleaner/protecter

I got some of the Meguiers leather cleaner/protector and I was goint to put it on all my seats but when I started it got in all the little holes in the seats and would not come out, so I just stoped.

Has anyone used leather cleaner on their seats and had this problem and have any idea how to prevent it?
    Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Re: Leather cleaner/protecter

i use the same thing. mines in a spray bottle and comes out very thin and have never had a problem with the holes before.

Comment

I just use Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes. I used them in my TA, and now in my G6. I love the way they smell and how they make the seat feel. Not greasy but still slick and smooth. The wipes aren't too saturated either so you don't have tons of extra cleaner/conditioner on your seat. I DO recommend to wipe them down and give them an hour or two to soak it into the seat before you sit in it, I'd normally do it before I tucked the car away for the night.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
      Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

I use Meg's Gold Class spray, not the gel/cream stuff. It works great.

Comment

Just let it sit for a while and then you should be able to buff out any excess, but yes for this the spray or wipes will work better.

Comment

Don't use a cleaner that comes out milky.
            ? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
            ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
            ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
            ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
            ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Comment

Easier said than done.

Comment

^^^ agreed. Had leather 5 years. Wasn't easy.
                ? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
                ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
                ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
                ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
                ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                  I use Meg's Gold Class spray, not the gel/cream stuff. It works great.
                  x2!

I used that milky gel stuff once - and it left white in all the holes... I had to go back with toothpicks and poke all the holes to get the white gunk out....

Comment

i found myself poking the holes to get that crap out too.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint
                    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

You guys just use too much.

Comment

I have used Pledge on all the leather in my vehicles and think it works better than any of the other products I've tried. It cleans and shines really well without leaving an oily film or making everything super slippery.

I also use it on all interior plastics as it cleans really well. If I want an extra shine I will use an Armour All type product afterwards. You use a lot less too because everthing isn't so dry.

The other bonus with Pledge is that its much cheaper than the specialty products.
                        Done: Crab Intakes Cold Air Box, Leather Steering Wheel Upgrade, Continental Extreme Contact P245/45ZR17 Tires
                        Next: TCM Tune, Caliper Paint

Comment

Pledge works good for dusting and cleaning, but it will do more harm than good if you don't use anything to seal some moisture back in.

Comment

Well I just got the armor all leather wipes and I am pretty happy with how they work. No more milky cleaner and toothpicks for me
                            Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

i use "saddle soap" on the leather in my ford explorer. its a glycerine cleaner/protector for, you guessed it, horse saddles. i have been using it (very successfully) on saddles for about 20 years and thought "hey, it works for leather saddles, why not leather seats?" makes sense, saddles see a lot more sun/wind/rain/sweat/extreme heat and cold, than any seat in a vehicle. so i tried it about a month ago on my 105,000 mile drivers seat that has many wrinkles and is about to start splitting (what have i got to lose, right?). light-to-medium spray, scrub, wipe. light spray, wait a little to soak, wipe off. after that, wait about 30 minutes before plopping your hind-quarters down.

i'm going to apply it about once a week for another month or so on my 4 seats, and see what happens. if i'm happy with the results, i'll try it in my wife's G6.

Comment

Working...
                              X