• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 JCO bash

The 10th Anniversary JCO J-Body Bash & GM small car show
    Date: June 6th and 7th.

Show & Shine/Racing location: St Thomas Drag way Drag strip website

Accommodations:
    Check-in will be Fri afternoon at the hotels.
    Cost per room is $89.00+TX per night at either hotel.

Comfort Inn St. Thomas
    100 Centennial Ave.
    St.Thomas, Ontario N5R 5B2
    Phone # 1-519-633-4082
    Comfort Inn website
    (Please state the "JCO" or "the j-body club" when booking your room)

OR

The Ramada Inn
    292 Wellington St.
    St.Thomas Ontario
    Toll free phone # is 1-877-257-1773
    Ramada Inn website
    (Please state the "JCO" or "the j-body club" when booking your room)

Camping: Available at the track. The cost is $xxxxx

Event pricing:

Friday night party at the track: $10 per person for gate admission

Saturday:
    $10 per person for gate admission

$30 per car for racers

$20 for members and $30 for non members to enter the show and shine

(*As requested by participants and to save on confusion, Track and JCO fees will be separate. Gate admission and racing fees will be paid directly to the track. Entry for the S&S will be paid for at the JCO registration table*)

There is a slight change this year in regard to the "hotel party"
    Due to some scheduling conflicts at the host hotel. There will be other general public staying there on the same weekend. To allow a good time for Bash participants and to respect the other hotel guests, the "Fri night party" will take place at the track.

We will have a free shuttle service running back and forth between the hotels and the track on Fri evening between 7pm and 1am. (Please don’t drink and drive)
    There will be live entertainment at the track in the form of either a DJ or Band or both. The party is BYOB at the track.

Title Sponsor: GM Canada
    GM Canada is the title sponsor again this year. They will have a great selection of cars on hand to check out. They will once again be setting up a large tent in their display in the event of rain. At this time there is a good chance GM Canada will be revealing a new car exclusively at our event

Re: 2008 JCO bash

hmmm Enter the S&S or no?

Comment

Why not? Just may end up w/ a trophy.
      It would be great to round up some of your members and have a good G6 club showing. With GM Canada as the title sponsor,it makes a good impression on your club.

Hope to see as many G6`s there as possible,as we are trying to expand this event to included many other GM makes and modles.

ps.the Fri night party will be awsome to with live entertainment.

Comment

yeah my brother went last yer and he won frist place for is ion
        i wouldnt mind goin i'll harass him to join me!

Comment

yeah,i hear alot of Saturn guys are going.
          Hope to see a good G6 turnout.

Comment

I am very excited to announce that I have just signed the live entetainment for the Fri night party at the track.

AC/DC tribute band Hells Bells!

Here is a link if you want to check out there website.hells bells

I have seen these guys a few times and they are just awsome! You`d swear its the real band.
            It will make the pre event party that we are known for even better.
            And remember. We are providing a free shuttle service from the track/party on Fri night to the hotels.So need to drink and drive.
            Stay tuned for more info.I`m working on getting a band to open for these guys,and a DJ aswell.It will be a kick ass night.

Comment

The following is the info that will be available at the hotels.
              Feel free to print it out along w/ the map.

Welcome to the 10th Annual J-Body club of Ontario Bash.

After a long drive we appreciate the need to sit back and relax. However, we ask that everyone respect both host hotels and their policies. The local by-law states that noise must be down to a respectable level by 11pm. Security/police will be patrolling the parking lot throughout the night. Let’s keep the good relationship between the hotel the track and the community with the JCO intact. Please respect the hotel and its staff. Everyone is responsible for cleaning up the hotel grounds by Saturday morning BEFORE heading to the track. Also, DO NOT use your hotel towels for cleaning your car. If you do, you will be charged for their loss.

Police have indicated that they will be monitoring the area around the hotels and track. So please no speeding/street racing, or drinking and driving.
              Please us the free shuttle service the JCO has provided. It will be making a loop between the two hotels and the track. Starting at 5pm. The last bus returning from the track will be 1am.
              Glass bottles are not permitted at the track. So please bring cans on Fri night.
              Fri:
              $5 gate admission that goes to the track.
              $10 gate admission that goes to the JCO to help pay for the concert.
              $10 fee for those that are camping at the track.
              Sat:
              $10 gate admission for car and driver. $10 each aditional passenger paid to the track.
              $30 for racing, paid to the track ($10 gate and $20 Racing = $30 total)
              $20 member, $30 non member for show and shine registration. Paid to the JCO.
              If you would like to buy one, the limited edition bash t-shirt is $20 all in.

Show and Shine registration includes a grab bag with a 2008 event t-shirt and items supplied by our supporting bash sponsors. Bash registration will begin at 10am when the gates at the track open. We are expecting great weather, but, you can still burn under light cloud cover. So please come prepared with sunscreen and lots of water for throughout the day. The JCO will alsoo have inexpensive bottled water for purchase. Alcohol is not permitted at the track. If you have any questions, just look for the “yellow event staff t-shirts, and they will be happy to help you.

You will also find attached a map for finding your way to the track. It is very simple and only takes about 10-12 minutes. Please, no speeding/street racing.

Weekend itinerary:

Fri: 2 pm - Hotel check-in begins
              5 pm – Free shuttle services to track begins
              6 pm - Live entertainment begins at track
              (opening band” My October”,headliner: AC/DC tribute band “Hells Bells”)
              9:30 pm – Neon glow off takes place at the track
              11 pm - Music ends, party continues
              1 am – Last shuttle bus leaves track

Sat: 10 am – Track gates open
              10 am – Show and shine registration begins
              12 pm – Judging begins
              12-4 pm - Audio comp.
              1 pm – Canadian unveiling of new GM vehicle
              5-6 pm – Awards ceremony

Comment

So not one G6 showed up to this event? That sucks.
                GM was disappointed to.
                Sucks I worked so hard to put this event together and invite other make and models.
                Sorry you missed a great weekend guys.
                Would have been a great place to showcase to GM your club and your cars.

Comment

Its not just up there.
                  I was the only G6 in the Pontiac Southern Nationals that same weekend.
                  I dont know why that is....
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I just read this thread for the first time..damn. I had that week off too..

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                    - JL 1000.1 Amp
                    - JL 12" W7
                    - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

Originally posted by 2008jcobash
                      So not one G6 showed up to this event? That sucks.
                      GM was disappointed to.
                      Sucks I worked so hard to put this event together and invite other make and models.
                      Sorry you missed a great weekend guys.
                      Would have been a great place to showcase to GM your club and your cars.

I was going to show up.. But the body shop didnt have mycar ready

My brother was tellin me i could have walked away with a trophy

always next year

Comment

I was planning on attending this year, but I moved to Alberta.

If I ever come back to Ontario I'll attend. I've met a lot of the Central/Niagara members.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                        X