Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add me to the list of strut brace G6ers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add me to the list of strut brace G6ers!

It was just waiting for me when I got home today Installed it, got some rubber door edge molding from a local auto parts store to deal with the rubbing issues, and here is the result! Haven't driven around the twistys yet, but I plan to take them as hard as I can and see if I notice a difference.

Thanks to all those who gave their solutions to the hood rubbing on the bar in the other strut bar thread!

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

niiiiiice, let us know if you get the same rubbing
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yeah man, looking good.

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
      niiiiiice, let us know if you get the same rubbing
      he said he put some rubber on the bar to protect the hood.

Comment

nice!
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

What rubbing soultion are you going to use if you have any issues?
          Originally posted by Nikki
          You are an e-pimp.
          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
          I tried too, my penis way too big
          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Thanks. I got the rubber door edge molding guard thing like fireguy82 did. It was rubbing, because after I installed it, I closed the hood to see what would happen. And sure enough there were small rubbing marks on both sides of the bar. So I threw some electrical tape on it and drove to the store to get that molding. Problem solved (hopefully).

Two things I'm worried about, since it gets so hot under the hood, are the moldings falling right off the bar, and the "GM Performance" badge getting too hot and melting right off as well. That tape they use turns to mush when it gets hot. We'll see.
            -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Welcome to the club. You'll be happy with it. I'm hoping too that the edging stays on. It shouldn't cause a problem with falling into the belt because it is still pinched between the hood and the bar.
              2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Yea that's true. I just hope it doesn't become one of those annoying things that you have to fix a few times every week...like if it curls up around the edges or something. I should have just put a small part where the hood makes contact with it. Ah well we'll see what happens.
                -Mike #1

Comment

Looks good... I need to get one I got too much shit going on right now haha
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yea i know he put stuff on there for the rubbing, but that doesn't mean that his rubs too, i just want to know how badly it actually rubs before i get one...rubbing=not good
                    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Lookin good.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                        Yea that's true. I just hope it doesn't become one of those annoying things that you have to fix a few times every week...like if it curls up around the edges or something. I should have just put a small part where the hood makes contact with it. Ah well we'll see what happens.
                        You might try Kman's solution to this problem. There is a thread in the troubleshooting section. His solution seems like it would be a longer lasting solution in my estimation.

Kman Quote
                        "This is my fix.

I cut 2 pieces of heavy-grade vinyl and attached them to the contact points with RTV silicone"
                        06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

Comment

can u post close up pics of the rubber u put on ?? & how long did it take to get bar from that site?
                          My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

yea well those long strips of rubber didn't hold up too well. So I cut them shorter, to about the length of where the hood rubs, and used 3M molding tape to hold them on better. I also put strips of the soft side of velcro on the hood in the contact spots.

The bar took a little over 2 weeks to get.
                            -Mike #1

Comment

I just installed my brace as well. Just used some of the 3M clear tape. Looks good to me. So far no rubbing. Nice cheap add on. And it also took about 2 weeks for me to get my brace.
                              Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

Working...
                              X