Fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog lights

so on a whim today at work i decided to try and retrofit the fog light into the turn signal spot. first of all i think it can easily be done and i will attempt again soon. in my opinion this will look much better than the orange cover (or clear one i make) by alot. place a orange lighted bulb inside and be good to go.

as for the fitment, it should fit really well and just need a shroud to cover the black piece surrounding the glass lense. the sad part is, i was trying to take apart my broken fog light and came to realize that it is sealed quit well and i havent been able to crack the sealant yet. hours worth of work down the shoot for nothing.

soooooo anyone got ideas how to break the sealant? i have heated it so far and that didnt seem to loosen it one bit. has to be some kind of chemical that can deal with the stuff and break it down for me. making this mod much simplier

Re: Fog lights

wait a second, you would put your turn signals in your fog light spot. and put your fog lights where the turn signals would originally be? i'm not so sure how good that would look , even with just the turn signals in there. let's see a photoshop!
    18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

heck no

buy a second set of fog light assemblies and install them in the turn signal spot. so it would have that glass lense look there and not the big ole orange reflector. though then there would be no reflector in the headlight at all....hmmm

Comment

I think it would come out nice if you can get one apart. Maybe a mild acid could break down the sealant... and maybe eat away a few other things too.

Comment

that really would be something to see! Are there any laws on where the turn signals need to be? as in viewable to any vehicle around you? if you have them in the fog light spot, people next to you wouldn't be able to see that you had the turn signals on
          18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr
            that really would be something to see! Are there any laws on where the turn signals need to be? as in viewable to any vehicle around you? if you have them in the fog light spot, people next to you wouldn't be able to see that you had the turn signals on
            the original pontiac transport had the turn signal in the fog light spot per se.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
              Originally posted by Swampassjr
              the original pontiac transport had the turn signal in the fog light spot per se.
              oh yeah, i guess i forgot about the newer style grand prix's have them in the fog light spot too

Comment

it would still blink, and the side marker blinks alos doesnt it? so they would see from the side

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                  it would still blink, and the side marker blinks alos doesnt it? so they would see from the side

On the 6's the side marker doesn't blink like the older GM cars used too. i kind of wished they did, i always that was good to have, cause you cna sometimes see that first when someones turning. I don't think you need any reflectors up front, it's only on the sides and rear there needs to be some visible reflectors.

Comment

oh well, that is easy enough to splice into blinker wires and make that work with it

worry about that when i get there

Comment

Time to cut holes in the fenders and place sidemarkers in them!
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

hmm i have the fender that got dented in my wreck still. i can roll it back to normal and actually try some sort of mod. keep bringin the ideas

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                          hmm i have the fender that got dented in my wreck still. i can roll it back to normal and actually try some sort of mod. keep bringin the ideas

OH I got an idea... if you can cut vents into the fender lets say like vettes have or the caddy sts-v... then run LED marker lights behind the vents!

Comment

Grands Prix, Solstice/Sky look dope with the turn signals down low as DRL's. You should do that up, too. At the moment, I've disabled my headlight DRL's in my Cavalier and am trying to find my fog light wires so I can run my own independent switch and turn them on (as DRL's) without having to turn the corners/tails on as well.

No DRL's is technically illegal so I don't wanna rock it for too long.

/pointlessness

Comment

some older cars don't even have DRL's do they? How could it be illegal?
                              Blue Man Group

Comment

Working...
                              X