K&N 69 series Typhoon Intake Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N 69 series Typhoon Intake Review

Sorry I havent written a review sooner, I don't know if anybody even cares but here it goes.

Brand: K & N
    Price: $248.98 with free shipping
    Purchased from: autoanything.com

Installation: Moderate, I haven't installed an intake before so it took a little thinking.
    Installation Time: 45 mins to 1 hour, again becuz it was my first time.
    Installatioin Tips: I attached one of the intake mounts to the engine hanger bracket where electric wires are mounted I popped those out of the hole and used it for the intake mount, even thou the instructions say something else which doesn't exist on the 3.5's, it showed a 3500 in the pictures.

Quality of Part: I would say a 9.5 or 10, 9.5 becuz of the heat sheild.
    Product Performance: 10
    Reccomend to Others: Yes
    Comments: After installing the intake, and taking out the resonator (as recomended by Lampoon) I noticed a lower end power increase, and throatier sound. The heat sheild doesn't do the best job, if you've seen my pictures you know what I'm talking about, but after driving from home back to school I opened the hood and put my hand by the filter inside the heat sheild, and outside the heat sheild. I could feel a noticeable difference between the 2 as far as temperature. So it does do something. I also noticed more heat was coming from the back of the engine bay than the front, so maybe they designed it that way on purpose. I don't know, maybe I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt becuz I don't understand why that gap is there, anyways it still lets in some hot air so I plan on fixing that. Other than that I love it. Thanks for readin.
    Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Re: K&N 69 series Typhoon Intake Review

Cool! Now everybody can see that someone has bought this and has it installed since several people have asked about it.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Thanks! blkg6creed. i think im going to go and by one now. great info on the part, thanks for taking the time to explain in detail.

Comment

Any pics?

Comment

Comment

It sure is pricey...
            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Ya it wasn't cheap, but Dr. Speed wouldn't answer me and then someone said they were out of business and all I could find was this or the Injen intake. From what I read on here, not to many people were happy with the Injen, so I went a different route. Here's some pics. These were just after install, and before I took out the resonator.

Comment

No issues with the 90 at the T.B.?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

No I haven't. Is there usually issues with that?

Comment

Just fitment with one of the other brands. Don't remember which. (N take maybe?)

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

Oh gotcha, it was a little tight but i figured that was expected so there's no air leak.

Comment

I really like the way that looks. but the heat shield needs to be... um, better. buy a Crab CAB is what I say.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

I'm sure that heat shield will be fine, the cab only covers what? 2 more inches... I doubt it will make that much of a difference if any.
                          Blue Man Group

Comment

Since they come in colors....I want to see a red or blue one!
                            I was disappointed with the heat shield as well....
                            They could have spent a little more time fabbin that up.
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

how long do these usually last ?

Comment

Working...
                              X