Poll: Audio/Video System or Rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Audio/Video System or Rims?

I would like to do some performance mods, but gotta wait til the warranty is up

So what would you do with your G6?

Premium Sound and Video with in-dash DVD, Subs/Amps, Component Speakers/Amps?

or throw on some 19"s?
    Audio/Video
    0.00%
    Rims
    100.00%
    Green G6s Need Lovin 2!

Re: Poll: Audio/Video System or Rims?

I voted rims cause my stock stereo sounds fine.

I dont think i would go more than 18 but hey....thats just me.
    <18 affects the ride.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

how exactly is it going to affect the ride? (real question lol). and why can't you do performance mods? if you are worried about warranty anything we have for performance right now they either A. wont find out (tune) B. you can remove and go back to OEM (intake) or C. wont have any problems with (exhaust)
      18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
        X2! But I got 20's on my 6 and I can barely tell a difference in a change of ride....of course unless u hit a speedbump or pot hole going too fast (due to the low profile tires) but that just mean you better slow down cuz you wouldn't want to bend or dend one of your rims. If I were you, I would go for performance. For 19' and tires like you want, you'll probably be looking at around 1200-1500 bucks (depending on what exactly your looking for). With that much money, you could easily get a CAI, gt-r exaust, and a tune. Just some ideas

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr
          how exactly is it going to affect the ride?(
          It will affect ride quality and handling, a lower profile tire has less sidewall, the smaller the sidewall the more rigid it will be, making the ride seem more stiff and bumpier. The advantage is that you get better handing response due to less sidewall flex...also lower profile tires are usually geared toward sports performance and will therefore perform better. If you want ride quality you would probably want to choose a smaller rim and larger tire, because a larger sidewall ensures a smoother ride and you are much less likely to damage your rims due to a pothole or road hazard. Basically you have to balance some factors & choose the tire and rim sizing you want, its a matter of give and take.

18 IMHO is a perfect balance.

A new Intake/exhaust shouldnt affect warranty. My dealership loved my intake & exhaust.
          I dont know about a tune. They prolly wouldnt catch it but if your worried I would hold off on that.
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

tune is the best performance mod hands down, if you're worried get a tune on an extra ECU so if you ever take it to the dealer you can just put the stock one back in and never tell the difference.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
            Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
            Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
            -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

I vote sound system. But if you're worried about the warranty, a sounds system will pretty much screw you over too, since the dealer could probably blame any electrical problem on it.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah i'm still conflicted as well. performance mods would be nice, but i only have the 3.5 with no tapshift so speed isn't something i'm too concerned about, i'm never going to get too high in HP numbers anyway. i actually really like the rims on it now, they're no GTP 18's but i love the 5 spoke look. i think i'm going with the audio option, it is the biggest issue when i'm driving: Where is the BumP?
                Green G6s Need Lovin 2!

Comment

do some performace mods just to get a nice boost, for the price of rims you could get a ECM/TCM tune a CAI system or maybe the Dual Exhaust to change the look up

Comment

FLRNEMT has a really nice unit in his vert. After seeing it, I think I will get that before I get rims. The stock rims are stylish anyway.
                    Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon

I dont think i would go more than 18 but hey....thats just me.
                      <18 affects the ride.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                      X