Lease.....What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease.....What can I do?

Hey guys I need your help. I have a 2006 G6 GT sedan but it's a lease. I was planning on getting tints and tinting my tailights since it can be taken off when the lease is up. Now since I came up across this site I want to debagde the GM logo and leave just the pontiac logo on the trunk. I also want to change my interior lighting to red. Can I change the dome/map lights, change my license plate light, put LED in my vents, and put LED strips under the dash. Can I do any of these things without doing any permanent changes?
    So what I'M A NEWBIE

Re: Lease.....What can I do?

Those sound like easily changable things. Shouldn't be a problem

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Yeah, depending on how strict your lease is, if it varies, as long as you return the car as you bought it, (remove all the parts you put on) you should have no problem, try to stay away from drilling any kind of holes. But if you can find replacement parts like tail lights and etc you shouldnt have a problem.
      Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

I should be leasing my cars but I don't because I like to add more than just window tint like bodykits, exhaust systems I could go on

Comment

If you like the car that much, you can always buy out the lease at the end.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
            If you like the car that much, you can always buy out the lease at the end.

I was going to lease my car but with the mileage i put on my car wasn't worth it. I would have cost me Twice as much in the end then what the car was worth the day i bought it.

and who in their right mind would want to let go of a 6. I know I'm Practically married to my car, well that's what the hubby says.

Comment

Yeah, I leased mine, on Jan. 28 of this year, I try to keep the mileage under 1000 a month but thats hard to do. I hope in the end ill be able to buy it out.
              Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

i leased mine dec 26 2007. i love my car but im not gonna buy it out in the end. i want my next g6 to have a sunroof
                2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
                2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

Those sound like very minimal mods.. it definetly shouldn't be a problem. My GXP is a lease and i have already tuned it and changed out my resonator and working on an intake... I'm sure you'll be just fine.

I think this is one out of the many leases i've had that i actually want to buy the car at the end! lol
                  2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

IDK, if it were me I'd avoid debadging on a lease, but that's just me. I tried to debadge my GM badges (rather, the lone one still on there) and it left an ugly scar...the paint is F'ed up where it was. story of my life. In any case, idk if it was because mine were on so long or if there was something else, but it makes me wonder if you might have problems with finish damage when you debadge....
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                    X