Cold Air Intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Air Intakes

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed before... I didn't find it.

I'm a newbie to performance modifications. Can someone help me with info on the cold air intakes? Like in layman's terms what are the differences between stages 1-4 and air box and each one adds to the performance of the car.

If this has been discussed before please lead me to it.
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

i think the stages are just the doctors way of labelling the intakes. intakes do so little to the performance of the car anyway i doubt there is a huge different between them. stage 4 is just stage 3 with the replacement of the long tube running across the front of the engine. they may sound a little different or flow differently depending on the filter on each setup but i would just buy one based on the look you are going for.

Comment

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=653

Heres a link with some info.. there are pages and pages of information on the intakes.. its hard to get through it all but its there...
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Cool, that really helps. Thanks. My only concern is the part I read about road salt and debris getting into cold air intakes. Should I worry about this? Sounds like stage 3 is prob the way to go.
        ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

My $.02 is that you shouldnt have a problem. I had mine on with snow still hitting the ground. Anythings possible dont get me wrong but not like it will instantly happen! I was probably one of the first 4 or 5 to get mine and I have noooo problems to report!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Cool. Actually I'm thinking now I may end up going with the cold air box. I'd rather be able to see it! Sounds like the Stage 3 and the box both serve their purpose.

Comment

Yeah if I went with one it'd be the air box. I'd hate having to take my headlight out each time I had to do something with the filter. Which I know I know shouldn't be often but on my last car the headlight bolts stripped so easily I don't wanna fubar these things up.

Comment

Working...
              X