Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any kind of help with my HEATED seats would be great.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any kind of help with my HEATED seats would be great.

Can someone please help me power-up my heated seats. If you are unaware of my recent purchase, I will fill you in. I purchased an awsome set of leather seats and they came from an 05 Sedan. I have an 06 sedan, BUT, unfortunately there is no way for me to power up the heated part, the plug that I have does not have that power option. I am missing ( in the picture, from left to right) the yellow, red, grey and black wires.
    Question:
    Can someone prob their 05 heated seat plug and tell me what each color is for.I would need you to tell me like "key-on, ground, positive/constant" etc. Easy for me to understand, I have a limited electronic background.

If anyone lives near me in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. And is really good with electronics. Perhaps we could hook-up. And for a small fee, help me figure this stuff out. I was hopping to start it this week-end.

By barrycraig, shot with FinePix S5200 at 2008-03-06

ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Re: Any kind of help with my HEATED seats would be great.

i sent you a pm with some info. if you have any questions feel free to pm me or post in here and il get back when i can

one thing can you get a picture of the whole under side of the seat with any plugs that are there visable in the picture. i ask that because i want to say that looks like the plugfor the adjuster motors not the heated seats not sure since i cant tell location.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

It would be helpful if you guys had your discussion in here so other members can follow.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

How these help, It's COLD outside.

Drivers Side underneath

By barrycraig, shot with FinePix S5200 at 2008-03-09

Drivers Side Plug

Yellow, Black, blue/black, grey

ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

as far as i can tell the yellow wire provides power to the switch and the blue/black wire takes that voltage and gives that signal to the heated seat control module which then provides power to the heating elements

the grey and black wires are used to back light the switch

this is the schematic for the seat 05 model year

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

05 seat plug

My underneath the seat

Both hooked up

So basically I just need to figure out 4 wires. Right?

Yellow - Accessory Voltage (Key On)
            Red/White - Battery Positive Voltage (Constant)
            Grey -
            Black -

Am I correct about Yellow and Red. If so, can you please advise on the other 2 wires. Please remember, this is all assuming that I am correct at all.
            ALTERATIONS:

Comment

i would tend to say your correct but for some reason i cant find a view of that connector ive been looking and just cant

according to the view i found for the switch the black is ground and grey is for the back lighting of the switch

Comment

Okay, got it done. You can lock it now. Don't ask me how they did it. I just paid a guy at Future Shop here in Canada to do it. Cost me $150. Works awesome. Thanks to all who assisted.
                ALTERATIONS:

Comment

will that schematic also work for a 06 ?

Comment

Originally posted by boomer30
                    will that schematic also work for a 06 ?
                    My car is an 06. So yes to the question. Have fun.
                    Also, the installer told me that he just followed the schematic directly and without it he might not have been able to do the job.
                    ALTERATIONS:

Comment

Working...
                    X