Subwoofer install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer install

Well, today I had one of my buddies from work start making me a customer subwoofer box for my car (I have two 12" woofers and the box I had in my previous car definitely wouldn't in the trunk opening).

He isn't finished (still needs to finish carpeting it and make a space for the amp), but it looks pretty nice how it is so far...had the speaker side carpeted and it's 100% flush with the back seats, facing inward. So when I have nobody in the back seat i can put the seats down and there they are. He's also making me a "wall" on the trunk side of the box for cosmetic reasons in the trunk...just looks like a small trunk, but a spot for amplifier controls. Haven't got pictures yet but I'll be getting it when I go to work Monday. I'm pretty excited, looks real nice. I just need to hook these bad boys up.

Once It's completed I'll take pictures and let me know what you guys think!
    2006 Liquid Quicksilver Coupe GTP

If someone wants to move this to the audio forum that'd be great...

Comment

sounds good, can't wait for the pics.

Comment

Yeah need pics.

What kind of equipment is he using.

Comment

Yeah I was going to work mine the same way with the speakers facing the back seats.. but I was to lazy to spend any time doing it, maybe I will soon when I get really bored in a month or two!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

but when the guy was hooking mine up, he told me that he faced mine towards the trunk so that the bass could bounce off the trunk and come back my way instead of it bouncing off the backseat and out the trunk, so I guess it's all in how you want it.
            "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

If the box is sealed it isn't going to really make a difference. If it's ported it's best to face it towards the back.

Comment

To tell you the truth.. I had mine facing out of the opening with the seats down and I didnt like the sound at all (grantit I have entry level 10's) but I turned them around, and had them fire off of the trunk, I put down one of the seats and it made a TREMENDOUS difference!!

Comment

Yeah I've definitely heard that out the trunk is the best way, used to have that way before...but I've outgrown the loud enough so everyone can hear it stage. Now I just want an effective for me system which is good.

I have 2 12" JBL 1200's...1000 watts max each...about 400 RMS. They hit hard...but now i'm defintely not gonna have it hit as hard as it can, just so I have a loud enough umgh for me.

And yeah, no portage, all the way sealed.

Edit: And a Sony Xplod (yeah I know) 200x4 amp that's split to 400x2

Comment

I bet having them facing the front of the car causes massive trunk rattle.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                      Anyway i face my sub the trunk rattles like a sum-bitch. The trunk definitely needs some help in that department.
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Get a bilk kit of dyna mat and some spray. That will help as you probably already know. I would dio the whole trunk. That what sucks about having the trunk. Oh and you can use foam strips at points where you have metal touching metal.
                        Originally posted by Nikki
                        You are an e-pimp.
                        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                        I tried too, my penis way too big
                        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I was amazed to see that when I took my tens and pointed them at the trunk the only thing I had to do was tighten down my license plate some more. I plan on dynomatting in the future when things start to loosen up and rattle, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Comment

We'll see what happens...I'm going into this knowing I'm going to have to do some rattle defensive regardless, so I'm prepared. I already get some rattle with just the Monsoon system anyway, so it's very likely.

Comment

Actually facing them tward the rear is worse for rattles.
                              Originally posted by Nikki
                              You are an e-pimp.
                              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                              I tried too, my penis way too big
                              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                              X