leather seats question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather seats question

I just purchased 05 sedan leather seating to replace my existing fabric ones. New seats are heated and my old one were not. Does anybody know if am going to run into any problems installing them? Wiring, plugs, etc.......
    Thanks, I'm picking them up Saturday in PA. They said they would help with the install. Since I'm from Canada, I am leaving my old 06 seats behind so I don't have to bring them back. Old seats are in near perfect condition, no rips and clean. It seems to be a shame to leave them behind, but what else can I do.
    ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Re: leather seats question

take them home with ya. if you are driving by yourself take them out before you leave. and then you can put your driver seat in back when you come back home

i would think you are gonna need some other wiring for heated seats right? i mean yours werent and now you have them, so it might not be there

Comment

I think some members had found the wiring in some cars might already be there depending on your trim and options but you'll have to find all that out when you rip out the current seats. The actual installation should be pretty easy and straight forward.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

My girlfriend is coming with me. I would say, that if anybody whats to, they could meet us there. $50.00 takes them. Up to you though.
        ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

In 05 I dont know if heated seats where avalible.

In 06+ there should be a prexsisting wiring harness to plug into, as its easier and more cost effective to wire everthing the same way and just not use te wiring harness. So if you can find the harness would be as easy as plug and play.
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256

In 06+ there should be a prexsisting wiring harness to plug into, as its easier and more cost effective to wire everthing the same way and just not use te wiring harness. So if you can find the harness would be as easy as plug and play.
            interesting, so my 06 g6v6 sedan would have the wiring harness? so that would mean I could do a simple swap and put in say, gxp seats?

Comment

why would you leave your seats behind? they should separate into two pieces (the backrest and the base) so you can easily transport them. i delivered a set of leather buckets out of a Jimmy in my G6 this way.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                why would you leave your seats behind? they should separate into two pieces (the backrest and the base) so you can easily transport them. i delivered a set of leather buckets out of a Jimmy in my G6 this way.
                Yes you did

Where in PA are you picking these seats up at?

And like said before, if heated seats were available in 05 there is a possibility the plugs are there under the seats/carpet. If not, then it is just a matter of running some juice and a switch, a relay would prolly be in order aswell.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

801 Old Brick Rd.
                  West Alexander, PA
                  ALTERATIONS:

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                    Originally posted by dre256

interesting, so my 06 g6v6 sedan would have the wiring harness? so that would mean I could do a simple swap and put in say, gxp seats?
                    You might want to look first, but anymore 99% of the time factorys put the harnesses in as its more cost effective. I know my work truck (2001 Savana) has the wiring harness for heated mirrors, power locks, doors, and the back sound bar option. I infact spliced into the sound bar option on my work truck to add 2 extra speakers.
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I didn't see what color the current seats are. I'm interested in them. I'd take 'em shipped to 46052 for $200 if they are black cloth.
                      Also, I hope you mean sedan too.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Too much pain for me to ship. If you want them you could meet us where we are picking up the leather ones. Other than that, I'm just going to leave them there. So, if you or anybody is interested in my seats, $50.00 takes em'. Just meet us there and you can have them. They are the black cloth fabric, from a 4-door, and in my opinion fairly perfect, no rips or cuts. When I purchased the car used, I made the dealer replace the front seats because they had rips in the bottom of each corner.

Sechrist Cossell Auto Parts
                        801 Old Brick Road
                        West, Alexander, PA
                        M-F 8-5pm
                        Sat-8-3pm

We should be there around 10am ish on Saturday. I have the white G6 Sedan, chrome handles, tints. My name is Barry. If you don't see us there at that time, be patient. We are from Canada. Enough said. Ha, ha.
                        ALTERATIONS:

Comment

Any chance of anyone in PA helping me out here? I really only need the drivers seat. My seat track is broke and too expensive to fix. I'd like to replace it before I buy the G8.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

barry can you see if the shop would be willing to ship to ray from them? worth a shot if no one else can pick them up for him

Comment

I wish i could help you out Ray, but i will be in DE

That is like right on the board, cant believe we dont have any members near there..
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X