Vents in front of the windshield!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vents in front of the windshield!

I always go into happy-mode when it's time to clean the G6. I save the worst for last though. That vent/mesh right at the bottom of the windshield. I get so much crap stuck in there, sometimes it's unbelievable. Leaves, noses, these little red flower ball things..they all get caught in between the mesh and plastic "grills", and they're such pain to get out.

I tried the vaccuum, the hose, screwdrivers...I bent the mesh pretty good and even scratched it to the point where some of it is now white trying to get stuff out of there. Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

yea but i don't get it as bad as you i guess...hose usually gets 90% of it out
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

To get it out I usually have to use a combination of hose while I'm washing it...then break some of it up with a sharp object, and vacuum the rest out.
      -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I haven't had anything get stuck in there yet.

Comment

I live near noooo trees hehe.. grantit I could use some shade instead of being out in the open, but Im more greatful that I dont get all the pollen and etc that comes off trees, mainly bird shit... but it never ceases to amaze me that even though there are no trees near me a bird can still manage to hit a freshly cleaned car while flying over!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

you know there IS a way around that....

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/for ... 77D9FF.htm

and i am surrounded by trees, pollen, and all things related where i am

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

haha, that vid is awesome. Mike, I bought a spare cowl piece for my Grand Am because I got so sick of all the crap stuck in there. I have to park under about 5 million oak trees so I know how you feel!!
                2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

The air that comes thru the a/c vents goes thru there first. I'd keep that area real clean.

Comment

Luckily I have a garage but I have had one weird tree thing in there for a while that I can't get out...haven't really tried though.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
                      The air that comes thru the a/c vents goes thru there first. I'd keep that area real clean.
                      so there is in fact no cabin air filter correct? I think I read that somewhere.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

I think somebody was wondering but nothing was ever set in stone if in fact we had cabin air filters or not?!

Comment

I could have sworn I read somewhere that we didn't. I don't think there's a part number for it in the manual.
                          -Mike #1

Comment

I doubt that we do.. add it to the shoulda, coulda had list like normal cars have!

Comment

yae especially the kind where you can open/close the vents!
                              -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                              X