Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Air box

alright got my box in tonight, and installed it

had i not been an idiot prob would of taken like 20 minutes, ill elaborate later with pics

ill have the pics, and hopefully sound clips is camera did ok in a few, as im uploading them as we speak

kyle, you are da man

2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

i need to cancel my internet service...i wanted a nice reliable daily driver to leave stock so i could take my truck off the road but now i am going to be sinking half my mod funds into this thing instead. damn you people! :warped:

Comment

Just got mine too.... looks sweet Kyle, gonna put it on tomorrow, post some pics......
        -------------------------------------------------------
        Jab
        -------------------------------------------------------
        2006 Stealth Gray Metallic GTP Sedan::: 35% metallic tint all around, Dr Speed cold air box, rain guards, and more soon to come

Comment

good stuff. Sorry I spelled your name wrong on the label
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

how do you misspell JP? :smoke:

Comment

I'm talking about Mr. Cradnalldandell
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

oh, and you too PJ.
                2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                  I'm talking about Mr. Cradnalldandell

it's times like these i am glad my last name is Hill

Comment

ok im gonna post a butt load of pictures

HERE IS THE FACTORY BOX OUT OF CAR

HOW IT STARTED

HOLE FROM THE BOX BEING OUT

WITH BOX SEAL ON

AND NOW WHAT YOU REALLY BEEN WAITING FOR

THERE YOU HAVE IT

Comment

that looks pretty hot with the blue nylon connector.

Comment

ok on to my stupidity i was talking about in my first post

the rubber part kyle sends that is the color of your choice, gave me more problems than anything else

i put it all together before i went to install it, so i knew how it fit, or so i thought

first i tried this

which as you can tell look right, however dont be fooled, the rubber part went nicely inside the factory tubing, but once you get the intake on and into it, i kept thinking now if the piping moves at all this thing falls out, cant be right, tried a few more things(still with rubber inside the tube) didnt work

finally, after my brain fart ended, i realized i should put the stupid rubber piece on the outside of the factory tubing.....ohhhh yeh that is how it goes

got that clamped down and bingo, finished it up like 2 minutes later

Comment

^ that's just too funny

looks awesome! I just have one question...maybe it's been covered already. How does that weather seal stick to the car on the bottom there? I see there's a hose of some kind that runs right under it.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

ok now onto some of the things emerson said

the bottom doesnt quite reach the car, but you have a very tiny gap

and by the light, there isnt much either, therefore that hot air people are worried about, not gonna happen

as far as having something over the top of the intake, i see no point in it, as it wont block anymore air IMO

kyle this is a great fitting intake, no complaints here at all

besides no directions, haha, and you sent black overlays instead of silver

rating for the cold air box 15/10

Comment

haha have you never installed an intake before? that is pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X