Front Shocks Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Shocks Question

I had my car in the shop today to have the brakes looked at (ended up getting the rear replaced) and when the guys looked at the front shocks on the lift, there was a small amount of fluid coming out of the top of both shocks (the top inch or so of the shock looked damp). Is this normal? They recommended to replace both of the front shocks. (I thought I could take a pic of it when I got home, but I can;t see that area now that the car is off the lift).

My next question is, if I had to replace the shocks, I would probibly replace all 4. Does anybody know of any good shocks? All I use the car for is highway driving (I drive about 70 miles a day, all highway).

Thanks for any help!

I have a '06 3.5L V6 with 57,000 miles.

Re: Front Shocks Question

They are not shocks. They are struts.
    No one has found aftermarket structs yet. Ask you dealer, or call around and ask the prices at competing repair shops.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

i see them leaking like that all the time. its not normal but its not alot so i wouldnt really worry about it. unless you have warrenty then get them replaced other wise dont worry about it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Well, I guess I will wait a bit then to do anything. I figure when I start bouncing like a boat, I'll replace them

Thanks for your help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
          i see them leaking like that all the time. its not normal but its not alot so i wouldnt really worry about it. unless you have warrenty then get them replaced other wise dont worry about it

If they're not leaking that bad, I agree. My front right blew up and had to be replaced.
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

a little damp is perfectly normal, if it is leaking it would be much more obvious.

and it sounds like wherever you took your car they were either ignorant or trying to scam you. i'd find a new shop.

Comment

Trying to catch up?
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                Trying to catch up?
                eh, i had some free time on my hands for once

Comment

Working...
                X