Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Here! Cold Air Box! Installed! Video on pg 6 + 7

Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Nice John! Just in time for the Milwaukee meet.
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

WOW!!!!

Nice couch!!! hahah

JK, Air box looks good!
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

The couch is too distracting lol.

Looks good.

Comment

I have a big ole shit grin on my face.......

Comment

Install went well I only noticed a few things that I would like to change...
            (Keep in mind no instructions as Kyle is putting them together as we speak)

First off when installing the screw by the strut tower you need a spacer as the stock screw is too long and runs into the wheel well before totally clamping down on the shield. I used a nut and washer to provide the necessary height.

Second it needs a strip of weather stripping across the whole bottom, I believe that Kyle is emailing that to me already, so I may be getting ahead.

Third the opening on the filter is smaller than the opening for the sensor. This probably creates a velocity stack or there is no filter that short with the larger opening, I do not know. Just a thought

Fourth I agree with thoughts in another post about possible sealing the top where the filter passes through... Thoughts on that would be a piece of weather strip that goes across the whole top and passes over the pipe between the filter and the sensor after installation. Once again, this is only a thought.

Fifth as you will notice in the photos I added to my install with some wrap (Not included in kit). Now this is far from perfect but that wrap reflects 98 percent of heat therefore preventing heat soak on the pipe. I was unable to find anything thick enough to go over the larger portions so I have the patchwork. I am not very happy with the fit by the TB and will probably remove it. The run over the exhaust manifold at the front is the part I was most worried about. I did the part over the coupler between the sensor and the filter just because I had extra. There is actually a really nice silicone coupler under there I hate to hide, but I do like that it hides the metal worm clamps.

Overall the box is great! Whether Kyle decides to make the weather-strip modifications or not I probably will as I think they will improve the look and performance of the piece. I would definitely buy another one... And the sound, oh boy... Don't get me started on the sound! :warped:

Questions? Fire away!

P.S. I didn't have to take the headlight out!

Comment

man you guys are all crazy worried about a little heat in your air intakes on this site. the instal looks good though, the piece blends in with the engine compartment nicely and doesn't look out of place. by the looks of it i am assuming that the thing is paintable?

Comment

honestly, i'd leave the heat wrap off, it looks much better without it IMO
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I would assume it is, as anything is paintable with the proper prep...

John

FYI: The heatwrap is an experiment....

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                    honestly, i'd leave the heat wrap off, it looks much better without it IMO
                    IMHO /\ Ditto times 1000... why you guys are going to be worried about a small amount of heat is beyond me.. you've already been driving the car with the pipe running across the engine since you got it?! But the box is def a nice design!! Looks good in the engine compartment
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

i know it serves a purpose, but it just doesnt look good
                      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Thanks guys... It is an experiment...

Comment

Good stuff, comments and criticism are well written and much appreciated. I'm glad these got out in time for the Milwaukee meet! and yes, you could paint the panel whatever color you want.
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Now lets hear what the little 3.5 sounds like with the kyle special.
                            Originally posted by Nikki
                            You are an e-pimp.
                            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            I tried too, my penis way too big
                            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Video Clips tomorrow... I need to change my oil before I beat on it,but trust me, it is worth the wait!

John

Comment

Working...
                              X