Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i Instal Map Lights on my base Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i Instal Map Lights on my base Model?

ok, so my G6 didnt come with map lights. dumb! it has a dom light, but i want lights where that lil bump in the Head liner near the mirror is. is it easy to just put it in yourself? light buy the parts and do it>???

Re: Can i Instal Map Lights on my base Model?

Originally posted by Aboie21
    ok, so my G6 didnt come with map lights. dumb! it has a dom light, but i want lights where that lil bump in the Head liner near the mirror is. is it easy to just put it in yourself? light buy the parts and do it>???
    The wiring isn't there either. You're asking for a lot of work, and possibly a lot of problems trying to add it yourself.

Best bet, invest in a rearview mirror with map lights on it, they are a cinch to wire in and will be a much wiser move than trying to cut a hole in the headliner, get all the parts, get all the wiring, etc.

You can also wire in a rearview w/ map lights to the dimming circuit to keep a light left on from staying on. It'll take some creativity and patience, but it can surely be done.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Damn, I was hoping this could be done also. Sad day.
      Blue Man Group

Comment

ya know what, hell, im gunna try, ill put up pics and stuff how i do it, the parts i need to do it are 70 bucks all together, and ill just wire it to the other dome light, it should work i think, ill get my bro to help

Comment

Awesome, if you do it and make a write up, you're the man!
          Blue Man Group

Comment

yeah-- i was/still am a lil peeved about this non existent feature in the base model

definitely do a write up for it--would love to have map lights again

also--

THNKS!!

Comment

Wow, I was unaware the base didnt come with map lights....
              how stupid can GM be!!!!!

Comment

I have map lights in my SE V6... I even have illuminated visors, which apparently according to the Pontiac website also not available in US.

I guess it was a new thing.
                <-- Gray G6? Click!
                2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

wow that would suck not to have map lights, here i was thinking it would be horrible not to have the climate control.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                    I have map lights in my SE V6... I even have illuminated visors, which apparently according to the Pontiac website also not available in US.

I guess it was a new thing.
                    i have the base v6 and i dont have the illuminated mirrors--damn canadians!!

Comment

You get map lights and illuminated driver side visor mirror on the same trim level Malibu but not on the G6. I can't figure out GM's logic sometimes. Map lights are inexpensive and so common these days it should be standard equipment across the board.

Comment

true but it makes it sound like the upgraded models get alot more. Just a selling tactic. They didn't really have a whol;e lot of choices to begin with.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                        Originally posted by [i
                        Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                          true but it makes it sound like the upgraded models get alot more. Just a selling tactic. They didn't really have a whol;e lot of choices to begin with.
                          Well at least make them optional...

Just like the fog lamps. Why on earth I can't get foglamps on a 4-cylinder G6, or a non-LTZ Malibu?
                          <-- Gray G6? Click!
                          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Yep it sucks not having map lights or mirror lights :\
                            Blue Man Group

Comment

Working...
                            X