Door Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Locks

ok well heres the story, i got in my car yesterday and started it up happy happy. i was lettin it warm up a bit and my door locks unlocked themselves. so....i locked them again and they proceded to completely go breserk unlocking at least 3 times a second. they havent gone crazy again, but they do unlock themselves every once in a while. and when they do, something makes an audio beep tone behind the instument cluster. any ideas?

that sounds fun...sorry, no ideas here
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

maybe it think you are going into and out of gear????

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
        that sounds fun...sorry, no ideas here
        Your car has demons
        make friends with them and they will leave you alone.
        Shit happens, Drive faster
        GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
        :) :) :) :) :) :)
        GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Have your dealer check your remote infrared receptor.

Comment

I am not sure about the beeping but it might be a problem with the driver door latch. Do you ever notice that it happens sometime after it rains or you wash vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
              I am not sure about the beeping but it might be a problem with the driver door latch. Do you ever notice that it happens sometime after it rains or you wash vehicle?
              actually yea, it stormed here in CT for a couple of days first

Comment

do you have a keyless entry remote attached to your pet's chew toy? if not than i am fresh outta ideas. i guess it is better than it locking though....unless you are driving through detroit where you want your doors locked at all times anyway.

Comment

AWESOME..HES ON THE SITE NOW!!!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

My last car did that, never found out what it was. Just did it for about a week and then never did it again. Dunno what it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      actually yea, it stormed here in CT for a couple of days first
                      In that case - is your vehicle a 2005 or 2006 model? That really doesn't matter toooo much but I am a little interested. I am guessing you have a 2006.

Check this next - put your key in external driver door key cylinder and rotate to UNLOCK...back to normal position and then quickly back to UNLOCK.

Or just rotate to LOCK

Do all of the doors in vehicle UNLOCK or LOCK? This confirms the central door locking feature is enabled.

To address this take the vehicle to dealer and tell them you are having door unlocking problem and that you notice it happens after it rains. That should give them enough of a hint to go after the door latch.

Comment

Thanks I just learned about this site yesterday (someone posted a link to it). When I saw the amount of activity here, I was like, whoa! I got to sign up

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                          ....unless you are driving through detroit where you want your doors locked at all times anyway.
                          Hey now!
                          2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Comment

Thanks I just learned about this site yesterday (someone posted a link to it). When I saw the amount of activity here, I was like, whoa! I got to sign up
                              There are about 5 or more of us who are members on G6OC and not that its a bad site but it's not that productive, alot of writing on repetative threads but here.. even if it's in the offtopic (and we get way off topic) theres always something to read
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X