Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

My 2004 Malibu LT has 85000 miles and is due for an oil change. This is kind of a newbie question but I was wondering with how many miles it has on it whether it would be good to change to synthetic oil or stick with conventional.

Re: Question

i hear its usually not a good idea to change type of oil after that many miles.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Good enough for me.

Comment

You are better off switching to a high mileage dino oil, you can switch to synthetic if you want to but I'd just go with the first if you aren't already using it.

Comment

this has been a myth for a very long time. you can switch to synthetic anytime you want, it's not going to harm anything. believe me, i read all about oil for like 20 days straight. go to http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Mot ... Myths.aspx and they can answer everything i'm sure you are wondering
          18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

WHAT? IDK it still concerns me. I use synthetic, my uncle uses oil. He told me that I should've just used the regular oil when I got my car, but not to switch now.
            WWRJD?... HE'D KICK SOME ASS

Comment

isn't it true once you use synthetic you cant go back to conventional oil?

Comment

Originally posted by Meehdabeautiful
                isn't it true once you use synthetic you cant go back to conventional oil?
                http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Mot ... Myths.aspx

go to it
                18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Working...
                X