This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have water on your floor please come here

now i am having a serious problem with GM. apparently they let a huge amount of G6's go out with "moonroof drainage" issues, and there is no recall. the worst part about it, is that it's not just a quick fix, it just keeps happening again and again. this will be the third time i have brought my car to the dealer to have them "fix" this issue and frankly i'm tired of it. what i need to know is; how do we get GM to do a recall on this and actually fix the issue? how do we go about getting a petition out there to get people to who are having this issue onboard? this is obviously a wide spread deal, and i don't know about you, but i hate getting wet. i really hate the fact that this care has literally 16k on it, and has been in the shop three time over the last three months for pretty much the same sh&t. so i say anyone who has had this problem, post something here and lets get this donkey out of the canyon.
    2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

yea my car only has 5700 miles on it and I've noticed it the past couple times it rained here. I got water on both sides on the rear floor. Not a huge amount, but it's definitely visible and you can feel it on the mats and the seatbelts.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

that's one person, hopefully we can get everybody in on this.
      2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

dry here
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I haven't been in any heavy rain yet, so I don't know if I have that problem or not. Hopefully I don't. And I do mean hopefully.

Although I did wash it on the weekend and I didn't notice anything. Rinsed it for a long time.

Comment

Ooh Ooh pick me pick me!
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I just got my car back after having my second water leak from the roof.
              I had to get GM involved to even get it fixed. So far, so good. it's been a couple weeks and it's pouring today, no water on the inside.

what can we do as a group to get this paid attention to?

Comment

Don't mean to be negative, but I doubt theres anything a forum could do. Petitions don't even work most of the time.

Comment

Easy contact GM Customer support and tell them you want to return the car as a lemon. 3 strikes they're out rule. It happened to mine, I took it in they fixed it, had no problems since.
                  ~ Nick
                  ----------------
                  2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
                  Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

yeah like Smoove said, at least in the US you can pull the lemon law out if it has been into the shop 3 times for the same repair.

Comment

The dealer fixed my sunroof leak, (drainage tube became dislodged) Its poured a few times since then and its still dry. If it happens again I will let you know.

Comment

Check out my how-to if you'd rather take care of the problem the right way, yourself
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                        X