Stone chips in front of rear wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone chips in front of rear wheels

Does anyone have any problems with small stone chips in front of their back wheel. I have the molded splash guards but theres a bunch of little stone chips, they are kinda hard to notice but i know they are their. The dealership thinks when it goes in for auto butler detailing it should buff right out. He also said for me to get Chipguard and put back there cause it will just keep doing it. anyone else have any suggestions and maybe some ideas where i could find some 12 inch wide chipguard to put back there.

to be totally honest, i haven't checked for chips. the only thing i find terribly noticeable is the swirls in my paint, kinda looks like someone waxed the sh%t out of it. but no never heard any complaints on the chips. however, it would seem about right given the desing of the g6, the body kind of bows inward then back out near the front of the rear wheels
    2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

I don't have chips down there but I do have some very small chips on the hood and bumper. Was pretty pissed about that, but not as much as I was when I found a big chip on the passenger door moulding.

I just polished out all my swirls yesterday. Worked on detailing the car all weekend, sore as hell but it was worth it.

Comment

When I got the car back from the first oil change, the dealer had put a clear plastic (kind of like a clear bra material) over that area. I did not notice it, they pointed it out cause they said that the back wheel comes out a little too much and it could chip the paint from the rocks and stuff. I was like cool something for nothing from the dealer!
        -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

Comment

that is weird...i also have a bunch of tiny little white spots in that area in front of the wheel
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yep same here. But I can't feel them when I rub my hand over them. I tried getting them out but they won't come off.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i havent even tried, i only notice them when i wash it
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I've got a few, but one is fairly large like a rock hit it going 200 mph....that could be because I take the interstate to work every day and I don't exactly obey the speed laws per se. It pissed me off when I saw that one.

Comment

I dont find that the little chips seem real noticeable but i know that they are there. Its supposed to go in to the dealership May 22 for Auto Butler. Some kind of "super detailing system" which better be worth the almost 1000 bucks extra for it. My dealership has given me some pretty big hassle about just dealing with the car. Anyone have any ideas on where to buy that Chip Guard stuff the one guy said the dealership installed for free. I asked my dealership about it "the tri states largest pontiac GMC dealership" has no clue what i was talking about chip guard. I would figure they would know cause they deal with Saab Hummer and Caddies. but i guess not

Comment

I work for an automotive accessory company that sells this material called "Stoneshield". It's a clear protective film that is put on the hood, bumper, fenders, wheel well openings, back bumper, anywhere you want protection. I had put it on mine. Works great! The extended version comes further up the hood than the regular one, and the bumper is completely covered from left side to right. All the factory parts are custom fit to patterns specific to that car. Nice stuff. 7 year warranty - has a topcoat protectant, and can be treated just like the paint - buff it, wax it. Definately recommend it to anyone!!!

Comment

I went outside today and really tried to get them off. They weren't chips in the paint because I was able to get some of them off. I just got some wax, sat down on my ass, and rubbed it on as hard as I could, then buffed the wax off. Took most of the "markings" off. But there were still a few that wouldn't come off.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                      X