cat back and Cdn warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat back and Cdn warranty

Think I've figured this thing out so will add another post; just got the local Midas Shop to take off the complete exhaust system in one piece from the first flange after the cats right to the end. That way I can return it to stock easily and at any time!
    Replaced everything with aluminized 2 1/2 inch pipe into a Cherry bomb muffler (I had my reservations too until I heard the completed project! So don't laugh.) then back to a y-spit just aft of the rear axle and then into two Rhino NASCAR mufflers and ending in stainless steel tips.
    Wow! The sound is deep and throaty yet not obnoxious or tinny but it's the performance gains that I absolutely love!
    At 2000 rpm's in low, a sudden flooring of the gas pedal elicits great tire squeal and 6000 rpm is right there! Even a steady thrust of the gas produces very good performance in fourth at low rpm's.
    I am very pleased at the results.
    BTW, I too checked with the dealer and got the same "if any damage can be related etc..." but I did the whole intake and exhaust replacement on my last two vehicles and GM never squawked even when the sungear blew in my transmission and people were sent to the dealership to go over the vehicle so I am crossing my fingers with my 06 GTP
    GTP driver
    G. Stephen Day

Whats up? No pics of the exhaust.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Needs pics, but cool. I personally don't think the Cherry Bombs or "Rhino Nascar Series" mufflers are worth a damn, but if it sounds cool and you like.. sweet.

Rhino mufflers are generally "re-engineered" stock muffler shells... just so you know.
      Straight up Pimp Trollin'
      2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
      w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Don't like either one, but as long as you like it thats all that counts.

Comment

Working...
        X