Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convertable bracing

the under bracing for the convertable

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Re: convertable bracing

where is the part number?

Any pics of this bracing?

Comment

This might just be a good stiffening idea for us coupe guys .. providing it fits without all the other bracing that there is under there
      sigpic

Comment

Fabricating this braces should not be too much problem, I will need to see this installes so I can check it out on my coupe, then make a mockup and some templates.
        All I know is that is like a X beacing pattern.

How much different is the undercarriage from the sedan to the coupe?

Comment

There's 3 different braces. One is under the front subframe, one is in the middle of the car and last one is in the rear. The # for the front one is 22722971. The middle # is 15839982, and the rear # is 22731235.

Comment

I take it these are bolt on braces. The coupe's won't have the pieces welded on to bolt to.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

would it not bolt to existing holes or brackets? ive seen pics somewhere on here.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Comment

I was thinking these braces might help the guys with panoramic sunroofs out with body roll since our cars are not as stiff.

gmpartsdirect.com prices
                Front
                GM PART # 22722971
                CATEGORY: All
                PACK QTY: 1
                CORE CHARGE: $0.00
                GM LIST: $301.76
                OUR PRICE: $185.16

Middle
                GM PART # 15839982
                GM LIST: $142.55
                OUR PRICE: $87.47

Rear
                GM PART # 22731235
                GM LIST: $79.42
                OUR PRICE: $48.73

Comment

Keep in mind that there is a 300 lb weight difference (give or take) between the coupe and the verts. I dont know if all of the weight is from these braces, but a lot of it may be.
                  If you are concerned about the safety of your car, they will give it more stability for side impacts.
                  Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

They are heavy. Quite heavy in fact and if you have a GTR, expect to do some work to get it so you're not getting a vibration.

You would need bolts too, as it bolts on, screwing up into the car. Some of the bolts are on all our cars, holding pieces in, but most are probably not as their only purpose would be to hold the cross brace in place.

Also, it isn't just 3 simple x braces. The middle one has a shield on it, which is about 1'x10" (going from a memory of last november) and has 8 or 10 bolts in it, up the sides of the channel where the exhaust's resonator would be.

My personal opinion of this is that unless you've got a pano roof and have the same amount of body roll as a hardtop, you'd be wasting your money adding this. The amount of body roll this will reduce on a standard coupe/sedan is counter acted by the amount of weight you'd be carrying around. My self I've even had thoughts of testing the car without the middle brace on, leaving the front and rear braces in tact. Just to see if the difference is noticable (plus it would get rid of my vibration issues with my GTR on the middle braces sheild. )
                    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Working...
                    X