Reduced Power - Throttle position sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced Power - Throttle position sensor

i just got into my car today to take a random drive down to Best Buy to see the new HD DVD players, and my car went batty! i got a solid check engine light, a little picture of my car that has a wrench on it, and a message on the DIC that said "reduced engine power". the car was basically undrivable, so i called onstar to ask them WTF happened to my car (in exactly those words) and they told me that the Trottle position sensor had failed and that although it may work temporarily, it will most likely fail again. now i have to have my vehicle flat bedded to the dealer tomorrow, and pray they can fix the issue. my question is have any of you had this issue?
    2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Haven't heard of it on the G6 yet, only on the Torrent.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

so with onstar they can actually tap into your computer and see what the problem is remotely?
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

if they can unlock your doors i don't see why they can't access DTCs. onstar is awesome.

Comment

Yeah I heard the Torrents had that problem. Hope they can fix it for ya.

Comment

Theres a new on star service where you can get them to mail you a report of any and all malfunctions every month that happened in your car. They can whatever they want with ur car essentially if it has a remote start in it.
            Black '06 G6 GTP Coupe - Stock for now!

Comment

yeah, onstar is quite ituitive. it is basically a two way lojac. for fun, call them up and ask them to tell you exactly where you are. you will be shcked as they can locate you within 100 feet of your actual location

they can tap right into your vehicle and if you have a check engin light or etc they can then download that info and interpret it for you. definatley a nice feature to have especially considering how general a check engine light is.
              2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Comment

Well the locating thing is nothing special, GPS.

The diagnosis though is pretty cool. Now they can tell you whats wrong with it most of the time on the spot.

Comment

Awesome. lol, Had that happen to me while test driving a redline.
                  Originally posted by Nikki
                  You are an e-pimp.
                  Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                  I tried too, my penis way too big
                  07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                  My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                  The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Onstar is one of the good thing that GM ever did !

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

True true. I would have thought that more companys would offer that. There is some extra money behing that for sure. For safety and stuff. I wish I had it on mine at times. I have to just not lock my keys in my car and hope it doesn't brake.
                      Originally posted by Nikki
                      You are an e-pimp.
                      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                      I tried too, my penis way too big
                      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                        True true. I would have thought that more companys would offer that. There is some extra money behing that for sure. For safety and stuff. I wish I had it on mine at times. I have to just not lock my keys in my car and hope it doesn't brake.
                        Yeah......I like Onstar too how come the G6 didn't come with a one year free onstar service and the Pursuit GT has it.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

They gotta get the money back somehow.

Comment

the oddest thing happened just alittle while ago. my check engine light went off, and the car is driving / starting / acting normally again.

on a side note, my g6 came with a year free. unfortunately when i bought it, the year was a month shy of being over. :-(

Comment

BTW, OnStar can listen in anytime they want too

Comment

Working...
                              X