3" K&N doesn't fit the mass air flow sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" K&N doesn't fit the mass air flow sensor

Not sure where to post this, you can move if you would like to a more appropriate topic. However, I have a cylindrical K&N filter that I used on my cavalier and tonight I tried taking the airbox out of the G6 and just using the K&N on the end of the MAF. The MAF is a little bigger than 3"-I'm thinking around 3.5" Just so you all know who might try this and to save you the hassle. Good modding!!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

thanks for the tip but I went with a dr speed w/k &n filter, you should do the same.

BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Its not 3.5 its like 3.30 its a really stupid size the 3.5 wont fit.
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
        thanks for the tip but I went with a dr speed w/k &n filter, you should do the same.

Now what is funny is that that original post was on December 31, 2005. Thanks for the info but I've been running one of the first stage 3's!

TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
          Originally posted by reubenk

Now what is funny is that that original post was on December 31, 2005. Thanks for the info but I've been running one of the first stage 3's!

I know thats what the three where for. Im hella bored and went straight to page 5 of the unasnwered post search
          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I can't believe no one replied to my post back in the day when I was lonely on here

Comment

Maybe because you posted on New Year's Eve and everyone was getting drunk....then the next day everyone was hung over and ignored you.

Comment

haha

Ya I noticed that too when I tried to use a 3 inch clamp.

Damn reuben why couldn't you dig this post out 3 weeks ago?
                2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                Black/Black coupe

Comment

lol I brought it up over a year ago

Comment

Working...
                  X