Dashlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashlights

I am wandering if my car is the only one that does this or if it is across the board. But there are times when my headlights come on but my dash lights stay off. It's only is dusk,dawn or storms when it's like the computer says it's dark enough for the headlights, but too bright for the dash lights. Does anyone else's car do that. I took it to the dealer and they gave told me they can not duplicate it. Just wandering if i am crazy or my car is.
    2006 Electric Blue G6 GT sedan
    f-16 Crew Chief 85-1505

haha good news your not crazy. My G6 does the same thing, its all part of that auto lighting senor.
    George

3600, Granite Metallic, 5600 miles, Kicker/Power Acoustic Sound

Comment

Yes its one of the most annoying things this car does... Especially for people with tinted windows because it can be dark inside the car but not dark enough outside for the computer to turn on the lights...
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I haven't even noticed that. Probably true for most of the new cars with the light sensor.

Comment

I think the light sensor will independently turn on the headlights and dash lights at different times. I know I have had my headlights on but the dash lights don't come on until later. Not really sure why this was important to GM.
          Justin

Stealth Gray 2005 G6 GT Sedan - new owner so I'm figuring out what mods to start with.

Comment

Re: Dashlights

Originally posted by Racer505
            I am wandering if my car is the only one that does this or if it is across the board. But there are times when my headlights come on but my dash lights stay off. It's only is dusk,dawn or storms when it's like the computer says it's dark enough for the headlights, but too bright for the dash lights. Does anyone else's car do that. I took it to the dealer and they gave told me they can not duplicate it. Just wandering if i am crazy or my car is.
            It is normal.
            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
            Forge Motorsports BPV
            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Well now i feel better. I know i am not crazy.
              2006 Electric Blue G6 GT sedan
              f-16 Crew Chief 85-1505

Comment

Yes its one of the most annoying things this car does... Especially for people with tinted windows because it can be dark inside the car but not dark enough outside for the computer to turn on the lights...
                I concur. Annoying as hell. I noticed something didn't seem right. Glad for this thread, now I know I'm not the only one.
                ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                  I concur. Annoying as hell. I noticed something didn't seem right. Glad for this thread, now I know I'm not the only one.
                  your windshield is tinted?
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I thought he just meant the side windows.

Comment

Originally posted by yourdoingitwrong
                      I think the light sensor will independently turn on the headlights and dash lights at different times. I know I have had my headlights on but the dash lights don't come on until later...
                      I believe if you allow the vehicle's Auto Light Control system to decide when the headlights are ON at full intensity (and not DRLs) the dash lights should turn ON at same time headlights are at full intensity and your parking/tail/license lamps are also ON.

If you manually are turning ON your headlights when it is bright enough outside for DRLs to normally be ON then the dash lights will NOT come ON and your radio display and odometer will be at full brightness. This is something called "Parade Mode" because it was meant to make the radio, HVAC and odometer displays more visible (full intensity not dimmed) in the daytime when someone had turned their headlights (or parklights/foglights) on for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
                        If you manually are turning ON your headlights when it is bright enough outside for DRLs to normally be ON then the dash lights will NOT come ON and your radio display and odometer will be at full brightness. This is something called "Parade Mode" because it was meant to make the radio, HVAC and odometer displays more visible (full intensity not dimmed) in the daytime when someone had turned their headlights (or parklights/foglights) on for some reason.

What you are saying makes sense but my lights must have a mind of their own because I always leave them on full auto and the exterior lights and dash lights do their own thing. It doesn't bother me either way, just something I noticed about the car.
                        Justin

Stealth Gray 2005 G6 GT Sedan - new owner so I'm figuring out what mods to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                          I thought he just meant the side windows.
                          probably but that shouldn't affect light hitting the sensor since it's all the way up front.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Im a tad lost here haha but if your referring me and saying about the tinting windows. I just mean when theres not alot of light comming in the car so the dash would be kind of hard to read but the car doesnt feel the need to have the cluster lights on yet!
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                            X