Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow Sirius sat controlled by factory xm controls!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Sirius sat controlled by factory xm controls!!

Sirius is releasing a tuner box that will replace the brain xm unit in gm cars, and allow you to use your factory stereo to control it just like you do with xm. Problem is they have not released if it will work with the stereo's in the G6. More info here. The kid comes with a new anttena mainly for people who have a gm capaple xm head unit but didn't get the package. There is an adapter that will let us us the factory antenna.
    http://www.thesiriusstore.com/product_i ... us-connect

And this company has something that does that and allows you to control aftermarket cd changers, kenwood music kegs. That will be sweet if I can find one that will work a cd changer with mp3. I found a site earlier that made these that for jvc, panasonic and other aftermaket changers. But this site only has pioneer, and kenwood. I'm going do some research, hopefully i can find a brand name changer with mp3 playback that will work with one of these interfaces I don't think kenwood is making the keg now, what iv'e found on ebay and the net are high. http://www.logjamelectronics.com/genmotgm.html
    "Please don't call me Shirley"

um, the link didnt work on the first one....i've known about this adapter for awhile, but havent seen it yet
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I fixed the links.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Thanks for fixing that. Crutchfield is taking pre-orders. There car fit guide says it will not work, but i dare say it will say that for everything at the moment. The adapter from that other company seems to be a good option if indeed a mp3 changer can be found. I'm just not keen on the idea of getting aftermarket unit and having to get that metra, or scrouche DIC box there just not pretty. It really is lame the factory does not play mp3. I know I don't have to have the dic but i think it's a nice feature and I did have to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ObiGTPWon
          Thanks for fixing that. Crutchfield is taking pre-orders. There car fit guide says it will not work, but i dare say it will say that for everything at the moment. The adapter from that other company seems to be a good option if indeed a mp3 changer can be found. I'm just not keen on the idea of getting aftermarket unit and having to get that metra, or scrouche DIC box there just not pretty. It really is lame the factory does not play mp3. I know I don't have to have the dic but i think it's a nice feature and I did have to pay for it.
          yeah i dunno why with today's technology my damn pontiac headunit can't play mp3s. pretty lame i think. i have never had a DIC in any other car i have owned so i wouldn't really miss it if it weren't there, but i am sure someone will come along with something to relocate it eventually.

Comment

I wouldn't miss it much either, really.
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Oil and fuel is all I want. I hope that one of these big companys will make a dic adapter for their decks. Then you could have a double din deck and still have the dic.
              Originally posted by Nikki
              You are an e-pimp.
              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
              I tried too, my penis way too big
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

It Seems that the Siruis Box works for every other Radio GM has excpet for the ones in the G6 and Malibu. I wish it did cause I loved Siruis in my Xtreme, now I am Stuck with XM, and I am not impressed with it at all. I hope they get some more spec's out or they make a it work soon, cause now I want one
                2006 Electric Blue G6 GT sedan
                f-16 Crew Chief 85-1505

Comment

Any opinions on that box from that other company that will let you use cd changers?

Comment

Re: Wow Sirius sat controlled by factory xm controls!!

Since I still can't see the links that you posted in your first post in the thread, I can't verify, but last weekend I went to purchase a Sirius tuner the SIR-GM1 or something or other and it doesn't work in my 05 G6. The odd thing here... I believe that tuner and harness is for a "Class 2" GM bus, not the "GMLAN" bus.. what confuses me more, is Peripheral Electronics makes these "integrated solutions" for G6's and the harness looks the EXACT same as the class 2 only they swear all up and down it's a GMLAN. My point here is the two different harnesses look the same.. I just ordered one from them that said would work and it's arriving today so I can't wait to see.. it was only $130 bucks and gives me XM and iPod capability.

I wish I understood this more...

Comment

Working...
                    X