Gas Mileage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Mileage?

What kind of gas mileage are the 2.4s suppose to get city/hwy? Cause i swear im at the gas station almost everday, and i dont drive that much...

also can we put 89 octane in or should i just stick with 87?

Re: Gas Mileage?

From Pontiac's site.
    * 2.4L engine:
    22/30 (city/highway mpg)

* 3.5L engine (GT):
    17/26 (city/highway mpg)

* 3.9L engine:
    15/22 (city/highway mpg)

* 3.6L engine:
    17/26 (city/highway mpg)
    These are the new 2008 EPA numbers. I know for 2007 they listed the 3.6L as 20/28mpg... and the 3.9L's were rated at 16/26mpg for 2006 when they were in the GTP's, now they're just in the Verts.

It's funny, though since they rated our 3.9:'s as 16/26mpg in 2006, but now they list it as 15/22 which IMHO is muuuuch closer to what I get. In winter I get 17mpg city and now that I'm doing alot of highway driving to and from school I'm getting 22mpg cosistantly, and if I didn't have to drive through town to get home I'd get 24mpg easy.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

go ahead and put whatever gas you want in it (87 or above)doesnt hurt anything doesnt really help any thing either unless you have a tune

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

For the 4 banger I wouldn't bother putting anything in but regular 87. The only time I used to put better gas in my Sunfire or my G6 before my tune was if my car sat for a long time and there was still old gas in the tank, then I'd put 89 or something in.
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

The recommended fuel in the 2.4 in the G5/Cobalt is premium (although the manual says it's OK to use regular). I would assume the 2.4 in the G6 is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
            The recommended fuel in the 2.4 in the G5/Cobalt is premium (although the manual says it's OK to use regular). I would assume the 2.4 in the G6 is the same.
            Hmm. That's odd. I know the 2.0L SS S/C needs 93 Octrane or 91 Octane, my co-worker has one....

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Well those engines are high output engines. I find it funny that the G5/Cobalt manual recommends premium..
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I used to put in Premium in my 88G/A But that when gas was a whole 0.89 cents per gallon.... I think my 6 has seen "plus" once and regular the rest of the time.

I understand the Colbalt SS requiring the premium, my girls Acura RSX type-s requires it as well for its little 4 banger i-vtec.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
                  I used to put in Premium in my 88G/A But that when gas was a whole 0.89 cents per gallon.... I think my 6 has seen "plus" once and regular the rest of the time.

I understand the Colbalt SS requiring the premium, my girls Acura RSX type-s requires it as well for its little 4 banger i-vtec.
                  Gas was already $2.50 when I started driving

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

* 3.9L engine:
                    15/22 (city/highway mpg)
                    Wow, i get over 30mpg highway (60-65mph) and around 20ish city in my 3.9. All I have is a CAI. however if i'm driving around 80-85 like normal who knows what the mpg is. Never bothered to check, nor do I want to find out.
                    2007 G6 GT Coupe 3.9L 6 speed MT
                    -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      Originally posted by grfnkl

Gas was already $2.50 when I started driving

It's worse when you know you used to pay only 89 cents and now have to price shop to find a place that has it cheap for 2.89... i even caught myself saying one day, "back when i first started driving gas was only .89cents per gallon.... "

Comment

The DIC in our 07 GT Sport vert (3.9L) always evens out at 19.9 mpg.

Haven't actually used a trip meter yet to see if it's right though.
                        If ignorance is bliss, going to Clemson must be orgasmic...

2011 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS

Comment

Originally posted by uscboy

unfortunetly it normally is correct or within 2 or 3 tenths of a mile correct. You do have to reset it though at fillups to have it more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by uscboy

It'll be off. Mine always reads at least .5 higher than what it really is.

I drive 80ish on the highway. I could see getting better 26mpg or more if I did 60 the entire way, but it wouldn't involve staying in the fast lane.

$2.90 where!?!? Regular here is still $3.19, I paid $3.39 for 93 Octane.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

come down to Jersey, I paid 2.81 for regular at a name brand gas station on monday. Normally I go to the no name stations and get gas about 5 cents cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X