Trunk Light Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk Light Replacement

Seems my stock one has burned out. I need to get the damn cover off, and am not having any luck with it. I think it has something to do with the releases on either side of the plastic cover, but I may be wrong. Anyone got some quick tips to get this replaced?

PS... I've searched through almost every light thread possible on here and haven't found anything particular about the trunk light or how to replace it, just the dome and map lights.

Thanks
    <A real signature is soon to come when I get time away from work>

Current Mods:
    Exterior: Window Tint (35% sides - 20% back)
    Sound: MTX Thunder TA2301 Amplifier, MTX SLH-T5512-A SledgeHammer 5500 Enclosure

Re: Trunk Light Replacement

I just pried on of the sides out with a flat screwdriver and the other slipped out easily.
    Blue Man Group

Comment

I used the good ol' dime trick and replaced my light with a red one from Auto Parts which doesn't give much light. Boo! And the bulb size is a 211-2 if you're really that interested.
      Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

I have a 44mm LED Festoon bulb in mine. Gives off a decent amount of light. I like it
        Blue Man Group

Comment

Yea I got it out, thanks guys. Turns out the bulb is cracked in half

I'm just going to be replacing it with a stock one like it was until I have time to do the whole interior red.

Current Mods:
          Sound: MTX Thunder TA2301 Amplifier, MTX SLH-T5512-A SledgeHammer 5500 Enclosure

Comment

hey where would i be able to get one of those bulbs? id need a blue one to compete my project.
            thanks for the help

Comment

Any auto parts store should have it. Shouldn't be more than 10 bucks.
              Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
              - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
              - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

I ended up getting a pair of generic white bulbs for less than 2 dollars at wal-mart, GE brand. Worked perfect

Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by beenzg6
                  hey where would i be able to get one of those bulbs? id need a blue one to compete my project.
                  thanks for the help
                  Ebay. Search for a 44mm Festoon LED
                  Blue Man Group

Comment

I replaced mine with a Violet neon tube.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I replaced mine with the red cheapos at Advanced Auto Parts. I don't have to find much because the only things in my trunk are my subs and balls.

*cough*Basketball, soccer ball, football*cough* Sicko.
                      Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

^^
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

thank you very much for your replies... I will post pics when it is done

Comment

i found the lights at crappy tire, but there more like an aqua blue, don't like it. so i just took it out and thats that for now.

Comment

Working...
                            X