Contacting major stereo companies on DIC interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting major stereo companies on DIC interface

I sent e-mails to all of the major audio companies this week, pioneer, alpine and so on. The only response i've got back so far that was not automated was kenwood. Here is what I got back.

Thank you for writing to us at Kenwood USA Corporation.
    Unfortunately, there are no current plans to make head units compatible with
    General Motor vehicles Driver Info Centers that are in some Factory head units.
    If you have any further questions or need help with anything, please feel free
    to contact us again.

************************************************** *********************************
    Kenwood U.S.A. Corporation
    Consumer Services
    P.O. Box 22745
    Long Beach, CA 90801-5745

Aaron Marques
    Consumer Service Representative
    E-mail for Kenwood USA Corporation:
    http://www.kenwoodusa.com/support/email_support.jsp
    Phone: 800-536-9663
    Fax: 562-677-1140

Being GM is a big manufacture as they are it seems one of these companies would make something compatiable sooner or later. Maybe if we all who are interested in a navigation system/dvd headunit harass these companies more maybe it could speed the process up. If you know people that in cobalt areas put the buzz to them, it may not help, but it's worth the try.

I've thought about getting that double din unit from pionner and chopping up one of those aftermaket DIC units into a little box and maybe velcor it up out of the way and just get it out of the glove box or center console when you want to use it, basically a wired remote DIC. But that's a lot of money to be modding. Then again I need more excuses to justify that dremel i bought. I'm not going to cut the car.
    "Please don't call me Shirley"

well....that sux
    "IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING"

Comment

You could cut it up and see if you could get it to fit in the space infront of the shifter. That is if you are that good. I have thought about it too.
      Originally posted by Nikki
      You are an e-pimp.
      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      I tried too, my penis way too big
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

making the box would be the easy part I think. It's the wiring that I would worry about. I wonder what McGyver would do?

Comment

Originally posted by ObiGTPWon
          making the box would be the easy part I think. It's the wiring that I would worry about. I wonder what McGyver would do?
          that's why he drives a wrangler

Comment

bristol we sale that no trespassing sign at my work. I'm about an hour and a half away from greensboro.

Comment

Originally posted by ObiGTPWon
              bristol we sale that no trespassing sign at my work. I'm about an hour and a half away from greensboro.
              haha nice, how much to get one shipped to me? this has been my forum avatar for years now. i think i am just to lazy to find a new one.

Comment

This maybe way out into left field. I should however at this juncture say firstly that I am by no means any expert in anything. As well this maybe a little drastic, but I'm going to toss it out and then take the abuse. But I was looking at the Metra kit and was wondering if it would be possible to mount this underneath the E-brake handle. I have a GTP and would seem to me at first glance that it would fit. Would take cutting the plastic beneath the E-brake and then inverting the Metra kit and sliding it down so the display would be facing uptowards the roof of the car. Surely the wiring could be run underneath to it! Any thoughts?
                06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

Comment

sounds like a good idea, but how you planning on getting to the deck under the handle? sounds like that would be a hassle to me

but you could always go for it and let us know

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                    sounds like a good idea, but how you planning on getting to the deck under the handle? sounds like that would be a hassle to me

but you could always go for it and let us know
                    Since only the Metra kit would be under the E-brake handle. Obviously it would be hard to use on a regular basis. However it would still allow you to see all the displays from a park position. It is just an idea of how to keep the DIC information while also adding a double din nav display. You wouldn't be able to say drive down the street and check your your trip odometers.
                    06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

Comment

Maybe we can get one of those Knight Rider overhead consule kits for the old T/A's. Put the DIC in it. That would be crazy and and costly. Oh dang it, I got a sun roof.

Comment

Working...
                      X