Hawkeye EGT Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkeye EGT Kit

WOOT! I just ordered myself the Hawkeye EGT kit from MSD, that should go nice with the Dash Hawk.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Re: Hawkeye EGT Kit

Link?
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11123
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

another one with pics.

http://www.msdignition.com/mm5/merchant ... y_Code=DAH
        ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
        .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

excuse me for I am n00b, but what is the benfit of having one on your car? how does knowing the exhaust gas temp help?

Comment

Originally posted by jedi3
            Yeah, thats just the link in the thread I posted. lol
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

it probes it

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
                it probes it
                ???

Comment

EGT monitoring helps with tuning ... it's much more precise than a fuel mixture guage which reads voltage off the 02 sensor and tends to be wildly inaccurate. To make power you actually have to have LESS fuel ... but running your car too lean will melt and kill things, EGT guages allow you to see your exhaust gas temp right at the cylinders allowing you to fine tune based on the temp you see. (higher temp = leaner, lower temp = richer) you need the right combination to get power and not grenade the engine ...

Good job Jordie
                  sigpic

Comment

Keep on mind that timing also affects EGT.
                    I will say that a combination of wideband and a EGT will give you the perfect tunning tool.

I prefer adjust A/F ratio to a safe level, let say 11 or so, then adjust EGT with timming, then recheck A/F ratios to a more performance level, then re check EGTs.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
                      Keep on mind that timing also affects EGT.
                      I will say that a combination of wideband and a EGT will give you the perfect tunning tool.

I prefer adjust A/F ratio to a safe level, let say 11 or so, then adjust EGT with timming, then recheck A/F ratios to a more performance level, then re check EGTs.
                      If you know the timing being applyed you can adjust, EGT is use for the extra bit of assurance when tuning.
                      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I just got it in the mail, now I need to find the time to install it. I guess I have an excusse to install my ported manifolds now.
                        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

make sure you get pics man!

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                          TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                          Show
                          -20% tint
                          -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                          -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I've got it installed and it works great!

Its a huge pain in the ass trying to find a place to run the wire through the firewall so I just used the door to do it for now until I find a better place.

2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Jelous....... I wish I could get my back manifold off easily.... stupid manuals :P

Nice buy, hopfully you'll see theres even more room to play with!
                              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                              Gotta have it Green color
                              Brembo brake package
                              420 HP 5.0L
                              Ford Racing Power Pack
                              GT500 track pack differential cover
                              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
                              X