Brake and road grime removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake and road grime removal

question for all you detailing gurus. I have some nasty brake dust and road grime this winter on my chrome wheels. It partially comes of with power washing the wheels. Is there anything i can use safely on chrome to get rid off it without major muscle and possibility of scratching the chrome?
    thanks in advance

Re: Brake and road grime removal

A good metal polish, or claybar should take it off no problem. A wheel cleaner should also take it off, but if you use that it's best to follow up with a polish anyway so I usually just skip the middle man. Any of the above will take it off safely, but try to wash any surface debris off first.

Comment

Re: Brake and road grime removal

i use tire cleaner and a rag, make sure you follow up with a clean rag afterwards though to get any residue off. but since you have chrome i would go with what interfre said and just use the polish. If it seems stuck on there like it sometimes is, go buy a brush from any autoparts store, that has a wire middle so you can bend it ato get it in and around the spokes. It takes a while. I did my wheels today and they were horrible. took me about 30-45 minutes. sucked but it had to be done.
      2007 G6 GT Coupe 3.9L 6 speed MT
      -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Comment

Working...
      X